SUMMARY: The Blow Cell Coordinator is responsible for the development, optimization, training, documentation and maintenance of all blow molding processes as necessary to meet customer requirements and achieve maximum operating efficiency levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include but are not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Set up all equipment within the blow cell – tooling, conveying system, automated stacker
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair high speed robotics and Blow Cell equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities on all Blow cell equipment in a timely manner. Use precision measuring instruments such as scale, calipers, dividers, level, micrometers, etc.
- Training affected employees on new equipment, including tool change overs and process troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting blow molding processes and equipment
- Optimize blow cell performance to meet or exceed target KPI’s
- Occasionally perform engineering functions to introduce new products in a timely and efficient manner
- Cost reduction of current manufacturing processes while maintaining quality standards
- Organize and participate in continuous improvement projects targeting safety, quality, delivery or cost metrics
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Work schedule may vary as necessary in order to meet goals
- All employees are required to understand and follow all Quality Food Safety Management System (QFSMS) policies and procedures. In addition, employees are responsible for reporting problems with the QFSMS to a supervisor or manager.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three to five years of blow molding experience is required.
- Proven ability to manage people and processes, analyze information and meet deadlines is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as customers and vendors.
- Ability to add, subtract and multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to identify and correct problems.
- Ability to effectively prioritize activities and conduct duties with minimal supervision is important.
- Ability to lead by example and handle problems in a professional manner is essential to this position.
- Ability to enter and retrieve data from the ERP System.
- Ability to obtain and maintain lift licenses for required warehouse equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs. several feet.
- Employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 75 lbs. several feet from pallet to waist height.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is loud, hear protection is required on the production floor.
The following personal protective equipment (PPE) is required to be worn at all times when performing in this role while on the manufacturing floor: safety glasses and hearing protection. Food Safety protective equipment is required at all time while on the manufacturing floor: including hair nets, gloves and, if applicable, beard nets.
TRAVEL: Up to 10% annual travel as required by business needs.