The Palms RV Resort in Yuma, AZ is looking for a Program and Event Director to plan, direct, and administer all cultural, enrichment, educational, and entertainment programs for the Palms RV Resort.
- Actively assist in the marketing and promotion of these programs.
- Foster a work environment of teamwork and mutual service by assisting co-workers and other departments as necessary to ensure owner/guest satisfaction
- Work with the Social and Communications/Publicity Committees to develop new ideas for the owner and
rental guest programming.
- Supervise Programming team members in accordance with department and resort policies. Recruit and
- Create an annual calendar of events, and effectively publicize those events in coordination with the General Manager and the Social and Communications/Publicity Committees
- Act as an Ambassador of the Resort by speaking positively about the Resort at all times
- Maximize profitability by constantly monitoring pricing and program expenses as well as departmental operating expenses
- Train and evaluate department staff in established resort service standards and policies
- Work collaboratively with the Resort’s Chef to plan events that offer Food and Beverage service
- Complete event and other reports on time and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University, or equivalent related work-related experience and/or training.
- Prefer at least three years’ experience in program and event management and hotel/resort marketing and public relations experience.
- Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease.
- Computer skills required.
- Strong guest and team member skills.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
Required to work some nights, weekends and holidays