Employee-owned and operated, Palmer-Donavin is a leader in wholesale distribution of residential building supplies and entry doors. We are headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with 8 branch operations in Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
At Palmer-Donavin, we understand that our success depends on the success of our customers and our employees. For our customers, that means delivering quality products and exceptional customer service at fair prices. For our employees, that means sharing the profits of our company. Our recipe for success is no secret. We have thrived as a company since 1907 by sticking to our principles and being true to ourselves and our customers. We make money the old-fashioned way – through hard work – where honesty, integrity, and fairness guide our daily operations.
At Palmer-Donavin, we are not just looking for employees; we are looking for business partners. Being 100% employee-owned and operated, everyone in the PD family shares a commitment to ownership. As an ESOP, we offer the unique experience to work like an owner but commit to a work-life balance in keeping family a priority. For more than 100 years, Palmer-Donavin has been committed to providing exceptional customer service. A leader in building material distribution, we are built from employee owners who work hard to earn a relationship one order at a time. Our goal is to create life-long customers that will inspire us to never stop innovating and remain dedicated to our mutual success.
We are currently seeking a dependable Local Truck Driver with a Class A CDL and a clean MVR. As a Driver for Palmer-Donavin, you will become the face of our organization, making deliveries of building materials to our local businesses. You must have a strong work ethic and the ability to communicate effectively with a positive attitude. You must be dedicated to delivering the excellent customer service our clients have come to expect. You will make 10 – 15 stops a day where you will be responsible for unloading all material on your truck. You can expect to be home every night.
- Quarterly Company Performance Bonus
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Program
- Career Stability
- Training and Development
- And Much More!
- Ensuring that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
- Checking truck before driving and securing cargo for transport
- Following all safety procedures for transporting goods
- Maintaining accurate log books in accordance with DOT and company standards
- Operating tractor trailers to deliver materials to businesses
- Strapping / unstrapping material and opening / closing a rag side trailer at each stop
- Loading material using forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks
- Obtaining delivery receipts or signatures from customers and collecting payments
- Building Trust
- Customer Focus
- Safety Awareness
- 1 – 2 years of recent driving experience
- Class A CDL with authorization to drive manual truck
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to routinely back a tractor trailer into tight spaces
- Ability to use forklift, pallet jack, and hand truck
- Compliance with all company policies and applicable DOT standards
- Overtime is required as business dictates
Palmer-Donavin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place, a policy which prohibits the use, possession, and/or distribution of medical marijuana in the workplace.