Job ID: 2020-1565
# of Openings: 1
Category: Health Center
Job Type: Regular Part-Time
The Staff Development Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Create training programs for employees working in this organization that align with company goals.
- Develop creative and interesting techniques to teach the information, helping employees to gain a solid understanding of the material.
- Evaluate and control the quality of in-service educational programs in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of directing the in-service educational programs.
- Conduct employee new hire and dementia training.
- Conduct annual mandatory in services and additional training sessions for the staff to ensure that they remain current on new procedures, changes in policies, and meet regulatory requirements from DPH.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current Massachusetts nursing license
- Basic Computer Skills
- At least 2 years of experience in a skilled nursing/long term care facility.
- At least 1 year of supervisory and/or teaching experience preferred.
Why choose the Overlook
- Our CNA to patient ratio is one of the best in Massachusetts.
- We offer an excellent benefits package for full and part time positions including; medical, dental, vision and life insurance (effective on day one), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition assistance, and paid time off.
- Daycare and Fitness center on site available to all employees.
- Referral bonuses.
- Employee appreciation events.
Located on a beautiful 450 acre campus in Charlton, Massachusetts, The Overlook Retirement Community and Health Center offers 221 independent living residences and a complete continuum of care including post-acute, assisted living, memory care, CARE management services, and skilled nursing for long and short-term care needs. The Overlook sponsored by the Masonic Health System of Massachusetts has a proud tradition of service since 1911.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage all applicants of all ages.
The Overlook Senior Living