Field Director - Community Solar - Boston
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Outreach Team is a field firm specializing in face-to-face canvassing operations. We fuel the nation's leading progressive groups to raise money and impact critical elections.
We are currently seeking Field Directors to join us on an important and exciting campaign to help people switch from their current utility to community solar. We are hiring for Lead Director and Deputy Director positions in Boston, MA.
We'll be going into the community to educate people and help them switch from their current utility to community solar, which cuts costs and emissions, everybody wins. Utilities are very expensive in Boston and a lot of people don’t know what community solar is or how it could change their lives and impact the environment.
Field Directors will recruit, train, and manage a team of local canvassers to go door to door to talk to homeowners about their current utility services and what we can do to help them lower their energy bills and improve their carbon footprint. Additionally, the Lead Campaign Director will manage up to two Deputy Directors and will be responsible for building an office to scale from the ground up. This position reports to the Project Director.
COVID-19 has altered the political landscape, but one thing remains the same - we will need to have in-person conversations with people to sign them up for community energy sources. Thankfully, we can do this in a way that is low risk. We will provide PPE and substantial health and safety training, we will work outside, and we will all follow the canvassing protocols that will allow us to do this critical work while keeping ourselves and everyone else in our communities safe.
We are hiring immediately. This position can run through 4/29, with opportunities to extend.
Locations: Boston, MA. Strong preference for in-state candidates, short-term travel may be required.
Canvass Management Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 5 canvassers, setting goals and holding staff accountable
- Train and provide ongoing motivation and support to staff
- Identify, promote, and train a leadership team
- Build a diverse team where staff feel respected, while fostering a culture of equity and justice
- Implement quality control measures to ensure integrity of the work
- Go in the field yourself several days per week to canvass, train staff, and help drive office goals.
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all staff
- Develop strategic plans to reach target voters/constituencies in assigned locations
- Manage administrative duties, including reporting data, record keeping, processing payroll, and distributing materials
- Strong management skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team while also holding staff accountable to goals and expectations
- Can speak compellingly about campaign issues and strategy
- Willing and able to listen to staff and solve problems
- Committed to equity and inclusion
- Strong work ethic; able to persevere in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Flexible; ready for the unexpected and willing to adapt to last minute changes
- Eager to learn and open to feedback
- Basic tech competency (G-suite or microsoft office, smart phone or computer)
- Community or issue-based campaign experience
- Sales experience
- Experience running paid canvasses or managing paid employees
- Passion for social change and activism
- Team building ability
- Attention to detail
- A track record of success meeting or exceeding goals
- Experience working in underserved or marginalized communities
- Facilitation experience
- Local knowledge/experience
Salary: The salary range for this position is $980-$1,269 per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.
Powered by JazzHR
The Outreach Team
BusinessView all jobs at The Outreach Team