The Line Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen. At times, the Line Cook will be tasked to prepare items for another station or special event. In addition, the Line Cook cleans kitchen equipment, organizes produce delivery, trains new cooks and completes a nightly inventory. The ideal Line Cook candidate has a minimum of one year training and/or experience and is responsible to:
• Set up station according to restaurant guidelines
• Practice, monitor, and reinforce food safety procedures according to policy and health/sanitation regulations Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
• Manage and maintain a safe working condition
• Restock all items as needed throughout shift
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station
• Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
• Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure products are consistent with quality standards
Hourly compensation depends on experience and culinary expertise.