Clinical Addictions Counselor - Mens Residencial Facility
- Posted: 7 days ago
The Orenda Center of Wellness is excited to announce the upcoming launch of its newest residential substance abuse treatment facility exclusively for men located in the serene countryside of Buckeystown, Maryland. We are a fun energetic company doing our part in the battle against addiction and mental health stigma, by offering the highest standard of individualized treatment in a loving and therapeutic environment. Orenda will be providing the male Medicaid population of Maryland with an array of treatment services ranging from clinical care groups and therapy sessions to full mental health evaluations and counseling, psychiatric and medication management services as well as fitness, nutrition and life skills courses. We treat all residents as family when at Orenda, ensuring they are provided the highest standard of love, compassion and care while completing their treatment modalities.
The clinical addictions counselor role will report directly to our onsite Clinical Manager and work under the supervision and guidance of the corporate Clinical Administrator. This role will contribute to the weekly clinical team discussions as well as participate in the expansion of the community care treatments programs we offer to all of our residents. As a true dual-diagnosis treatment facility our clients are able to receive both substance use and mental health therapies concurrently throughout their enrollment in treatment. As a preferred treatment provider, the Orenda Center of Wellness's approach is always the whole life ideal ensuring that each of our clients receives a specifically tailored treatment program that addresses their unique needs. We treat the person not the addict at Orenda Wellness, ensuring that every client that crosses our doorstep is welcomed with the open arms of respect and understanding.
This role will be responsible for a cross spectrum of clinical duties ranging from but not limited to, the conducting of individual therapy sessions, groups, and/or family meetings, facilitating substance use groups, monitoring specialty life skills courses, completing substances use clinical assessments, and assisting residence in the setting of goals as well as aftercare stepdown planning. The documenting of all clinical notes is required to be completed in our secure EMR system in line with company timeframe standards. The counselor should be comfortable working with a cross spectrum of substances abuse clients as well as being able to facilitate moderate to large groups. Qualified candidates must be skilled at personal time management as well as able to prioritize their daily workload in light of unexpected crisis interventional needs. Being able to react and make clinically appropriate decisions quickly will be helpful along with the vast experience in de-escalation and conflict resolution.
- Certificate of completion in addiction counseling, associate degree. bachelor's degree. Master's degree
- Appropriate Maryland state licensing and/or certification such as ADT, CSC-AD, CAC-AD, LGADC, LCADC
- Working knowledge of ASAM criteria and regulatory standards of care
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years' experience working in the field of addiction treatment and/or mental health counseling as a licensed provider
- Experience facilitating therapeutic group and individual sessions
- Understanding of treatment planning, clinical notations, dual diagnosis charting and interventional skills
- Ability to maintain a case load of 12 or more clients at a time while keeping current on documentation and clinical deadlines
- Ability to pass local & federal background checks along with being able to clear a full panel drug screening
- Ability to handle crisis intervention with strong de-escalation skills.
- Adaptability and motivation to improve clients' lives are indispensable.
- We highly recommend all staff to comply with CDC recommendations regarding vaccinations and adhere to company set mask protocols.
- Testing & exposure reporting conducted by medical as needed and/or by request.
- Sanitation of all common areas performed daily.
- competitive starting salary ---- Range $48,000 to $55,000 annually
- Monday thru Friday work week with flexible daytime hours
- company paid life insurance
- 50% cost sharing on all medical, dental and vision coverages
- Paid National Holidays (7)
- 4 Weeks - PTO per year with rollover options
- Teladoc and whole life services discount program -- Company Paid
- EAP Program
Part-time & PRN positions also available ---- Please stipulate your desired employment type when applying
Please apply below using the link and completing the requesting informational pre-screenings
For further information or question please feel free to contact us directly at HR@theorendacenter.com
The Orenda Center of Wellness
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?