Executive Chef Certified Dietary Mgr. (CDM)
Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates activities of food service and dietetics staff engaged in the planning, production, and delivery of resident and staff meals throughout The Orchards properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Teamwork with the following and all other duties and responsibilities assigned.
1. Effective leadership that includes supporting core values, addressing zero tolerance behaviors and maintaining active communication with employees supervised.
2. Plan, organize, implement, and evaluate menus and meal production for all locations and levels of care.
3. Order food, supplies, and equipment to ensure that sufficient quantities are on hand to carry out operations.
4. Ensure completion of initial, quarterly, and annual assessment reports, progress notes, individualized care plans, daily participation notes, and correspondence within required timeframes.
5. Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality as well as satisfy regulatory compliance
6. Ensure that food, supplies, and facilities are stored, used, prepared, and disposed of in a safe and proper manner in accordance with organizational, professional and regulatory standards.
7. Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
8. Develop, train and evaluate staff on all aspects of a fine dining experience including preparation and customer service.
9. Solicit customer feedback by visiting dining rooms at mealtimes, attending resident meetings, and utilizing a formal feedback system.
10. Assist in the development, administration, and monitoring of the annual budget.
11. Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive inventory management system that maximizes the organization’s return on investment.
12. Plan, execute and evaluate special functions in conjunction with the department responsible for the event.
1. Maintain vendor relationships and seek out new vendors and products in accordance with continuous quality improvement and cost control.
2. Keep current with industry and professional trends.
3. Verifies that items received match those invoiced. Approves vendor invoices and forwards to Accounting Department for processing.
4. Performs activities of workers supervised.Requirements:
Manages the food service operations at The Orchards under the direction of the Executive Chef. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with The Orchards' policies and regulatory agencies. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems within their department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires at least four years of related experience, with at least two years as a supervisor or manager; Knowledge of DOH, DPW, OSHA, Life Safety standards desired, and Food Safety Certification. ANFP-approved dietary manager training program and Certified Dietary Manager status. Associate’s in Restaurant Management. Complete annual state mandated training requirements (Regular In-services as well as any external training).
Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and technical procedure manuals. Ability to write safety procedures, reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in assigning projects and offering assistance to subordinates. Ability to present information and respond to questions or complaints from peers, residents, staff, management, subcontractors, and outside business contacts.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions when mixing various solutions or materials or adjusting recipes.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions when prioritizing projects to be assigned, handling unusual situations that arise during the course of own work or that of subordinates, and in dealing with employee situations. Ability to apply education and experience when dealing with equipment problems or breakdowns, employing standardized or innovative solutions when maintaining and repairing facilities and grounds, and facilitating employee interactions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, mathematical, or diagram form.
Uses clinical software program to review current status of work in progress. Writes additional instructions in the program when necessary (new projects arise, additional tasks are required by regulators, or to ensure the safety and security of the residents and staff). Uses e-mail to communicate with others internally and externally. Individual should also have knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software for creating reports and correspondence.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Associate’s Degree in Foods and Nutrition; Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional
Other Skills and Abilities
Skills specific for communicating with geriatric residents are needed. Delegation and follow-through are essential for completing projects.
A Physical and Tuberculosis testing are required annually.
* The ability to get along with others and engage them in projects
* The ability to concentrate for extended periods of time
* The ability to shift focus from one task to another
* The ability to prioritize tasks effectively
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk throughout the buildings and grounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand when talking with someone in the hallway or to repair a piece of equipment; sit at a desk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel when using the telephone or computer; reach with hands and arms for binders or tools and in the course of performing cooking or cleaning functions. Climb or balance on ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl when assessing the need for cleaning needs and to place items in or get items from low drawers or shelves; talk or hear to give and receive instructions from residents and staff; and smell for unusual odors throughout the complex. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, which is generally food or equipment for food preparation. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus when driving; close vision and ability to adjust focus for reading, switching from reading a computer screen or printed document to viewing the office area, and having to alternate from seeing at a distance to items close at hand; and color vision to see variations in surfaces or texture.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and outside weather conditions when having to be outdoors; extreme heat and extreme cold when in kitchens and coolers, or airborne particles from cleaning supplies, exhaust from machinery, and exhaust from other cars when driving; and vibration from machinery. The noise level in the work environment ranges from very quiet in residents' apartments to very loud in the equipment rooms, kitchens, dish rooms, and in traffic.
Job descriptions represent a general outline of job duties, functions, and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and therefore their description may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point in time.
It is The Orchards’ policy to base hiring decisions solely on the individual’s ability to perform essential job functions. Persons with disabilities are eligible for this position provided they can perform those functions with reasonable accommodation.
The Orchards is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
As part of The Orchards team, you can help our residents experience the best service and quality care during their nursing home, assisted living, rehab and independent living stays.
At The Orchards, we Located in the heart of historic Saxonburg, PA, The Orchards of Saxonburg is a quaint 68-bed nursing home facility, peacefully surrounded by country scenery. At the Orchards, we are a united team driven and passionate about the care we give our residents. Currently, we are looking to add to our team. We are seeking a Housekeeper to help contribute to our core values of caring for our residents' minds, bodies and souls.
The OrchardsChester, WV
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.