Do you feel called to help others? Does the idea of inspiring and empowering someone to grow and blossom into their very best self make you feel excited? Then, this job may be perfect for YOU!
The Opportunity Club is a local Medicaid licensed agency whose mission is to empower and inspire adults with diagnosed intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve their goals of independence and to live a fulfilled life full of community and support.
As a Direct Care Support Professional you will be given the opportunity to create meaningful, impactful relationships with the individuals we serve.
This job best fits candidates who have: Strong communication skills, self-motivated, flexible, and patient.
We are looking for dedicated, positive, and passionate new Direct Care Support Professionals to join our team.
The individuals we serve are unique and have varying support needs. This position involves working with clients one-on-one with close attention paid to each client's individual styles of communication, engagement, and best practices for motivation and empowerment. Candidates for this position must be friendly, professional, and participate in collaborating with a client's team of support professionals. This position requires someone who can follow company guidelines with close attention paid to detail and accuracy.
Each day is unique for a DSP, here are some of the ways we support clients:
- Meal planning, prepping, preparing.
- Pursuing their personal interests and goals.
- Provide transportation or aid in the usage of public transit to a valued activity or community event.
- Provide personal hygiene support.
- Medication management support.
- Understanding complex information.
- Aiding in critical thinking, understanding, and communicating.
- Helping to understand emotions and providing emotional support.
- Teaching and providing assistance to keep a tidy/safe home.
- Supporting someone to schedule appointments and attend medical appointments.
- Advocacy and assistance with housing, food security, and budgeting.
- Community inclusion.
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships.
What we offer:
Retirement Savings Plan, flexibility in schedule, Full or part-time hours, and paid training.
Pay- Based off education and experience. $12 to $15 an hour to start. Employee review with potential for raise at 6 months and 1 year of employment. Mileage driven with clients is reimbursed at .48 per mile.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qualifications: Valid driver's license, Vehicle Insurance, and personal vehicle.
High School Diploma, or GED equivalent
18 years or older
Disqualifications: Criminal record, substantiated allegations of abuse/neglect.
The Opportunity Club
Why Work Here?Licensed Medicaid agency providing direct care support for individuals in our community with diagnosed intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Empower the lives of others with this fun, flexible, rewarding position!