Sr. SQL Server DBA
Our client is looking to hire (2) two direct/full-time Senior level SQL Server Database Administrators in Birmingham, AL
NOTE: Applicants MUST be authorized to work in the U.S. without Visa Sponsorship.
This resource will be managing a completely virtualized SQL Server RDBMS on 2008R2, 2012 and 2016.
You will work in tandem with other DBA’s, application teams, as well as the business ensure database administration responsibilities meet business objectives.
Technical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, input and participation on design and architecture discussions, support and optimization of very large data warehouse databases (big data, OLAP), support and optimization of databases under high transaction rates, production support (including on call), implementation, migrations, back up/recovery, performance tuning, ongoing maintenance, security and patching as it relates to database administration, troubleshooting issues on an as-needed basis.
- Creates standards for SQL Server database administration that supports the use of optimal database server resources and performance.
- Facilitates server-side database development when needed.
- Implements automated database maintenance plans and backup routines using standard methodologies.
- Monitors database/ application growth and server resources to ensure optimum performance and availability.
- Prioritizes tasks effectively and operates in a proactive and professional manner.
- Stays abreast of emerging technology solutions and contributes ideas for improving technology, methods, processes, etc.
- Troubleshoots minor to major problems on an as-needed basis – often requiring time sensitive response and pro-active communication to different groups within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in associated field or equivalent experience.
- Senior level DBA experience with (at least 2008R2) Microsoft SQL Server in a virtual, production environment.
- Several years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available SQL Server environments, including experience with Failover Cluster and database mirroring/ always on is required.
- Several years of experience with SQL Server troubleshooting; ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues.
- Few years of experience with SCOM 2012 SQL Data Warehouse
- Experience with T-SQL and PowerShell Scripting
- Experience with SSIS/ SSRS/ SSAS experience, is highly desired.