- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Oncology Service (TOS) is a multi-facility small animal oncology practice. At TOS, we strive to provide “The Future of Veterinary Cancer Care” to our clients and patients. This means providing compassionate and thoughtful care when pets need it most. It also means access to state-of-the-art cancer therapies, including both medical and radiation oncology across our three hospital locations.
They say laughter is the best medicine unless you’re talking to an owner whose pet has cancer, then chemotherapy is the better option. We strive to find humor in our day while we deliver excellent medicine with the help of chemotherapy. We practice our core beliefs of providing the best medicine and offering the best treatment options possible. We’re honest. The work is not always easy, but we try every day to make a difference. We are privileged in veterinary oncology to have some of the sweetest patients and most dedicated clients, and we want to share them with someone who is looking for a career in a specialty that can make a difference in the lives of our patients and their human.
The Oncology Service Richmond is seeking a skilled Veterinary Assistant to join our oncology team. Our ideal candidate possesses compassion, creativity, strong communication skills, is detail-oriented, and uses their initiative and work ethic to complement our team.
If you are interested in learning new topics and skills, have the desire to make positive impacts on the livelihood of pets and their people, and understand the depth of the human-animal bond, we encourage you to apply.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the efficiency of the oncologist by anticipating doctor’s needs and providing exceptional and compassionate patient care, acquiring accurate patient histories, recordkeeping and invoicing, and client communication and education as directed by the veterinarian.
- Assisting with the administration of chemotherapy alongside a licensed veterinary technician, including the use of low-stress handling techniques and restraint of patients.
- Low-stress handling techniques and restraint of patients during physical exams and diagnostic sample collection.
- Dispensing medications, including the safe and proper handling of chemotherapy drugs.
- Utilizing Idexx in-house laboratory equipment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years veterinary assistant experience required
- Fear Free Certification preferred, but not required
- Short Term Disability paid for by employer
- Complimentary Life Insurance $25,000; with options to purchase additional voluntary benefits for self or family
- Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K with 100% company match up to 3% and 50% company match up to 5%, eligible after 6 months of employment
- United Healthcare Insurance Plans with multiple options
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options
- United Healthcare Dental Insurance; includes a 100% paid premium option for team members
- United Healthcare Vision Insurance options
- Long Term Disability options
- Progyny-Fertility and Family Building Support (up to $10,000)
- Team Member Discounts for Pet Care
- Paid PTO
- Scrub allowance
- CE allowance
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a position we love.
The Oncology Service- RichmondHenrico, VA
Get fresh Veterinary Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.