Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Licensed Veterinary Technician
The Oncology Service (TOS) is a multi-facility small animal oncology practice. At TOS, we strive to provide “The Future of Veterinary Cancer Care” to our clients and patients. This means providing compassionate and thoughtful care when pets need it most. It also means access to state-of-the-art cancer therapies, including both medical and radiation oncology across our three hospital locations.
They say laughter is the best medicine unless you’re talking to an owner whose pet has cancer, then chemotherapy is the better option. We strive to find humor in our day while we deliver excellent medicine with the help of chemotherapy. Our hospital is busy, not going to lie, sometimes crazy busy. We cuss, we work, we laugh, we cry. We’re human. We practice our core beliefs of providing the best medicine and offering the best treatment options possible. We’re honest. The work is not always easy, but we try every day to make a difference. We are privileged in veterinary oncology to have some of the sweetest patients and most dedicated clients, and we want to share them with someone who is looking for a career in a specialty that can make a difference in the lives of our patients and their human.
We are looking for an enthusiastic superstar who has compassion, creativity, strong communication skills, is detailed oriented, and uses their initiative and work ethic to complement our team. If this is you, you are a licensed veterinary technician and you possess the following, we want to meet you:
· Interest in learning new topics and skills, including chemotherapy and radiation oncology.
· Desire to make positive impacts on the lives of people and pets every single day at work
· Commitment to maximizing the quality of life of pets
· Understanding of the depth of the human-animal bond
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include, but are not limited to assisting oncologists, acquiring histories, flawless IV catheter placement, blood draws, obtaining radiographs, monitoring anesthesia, performing CT scans, utilizing Idexx in-house lab equipment to run patient lab work, administering chemotherapy, patient care, and client education/communication.
Previous experience as a veterinary technician is required. This job will not include any weekend or on-call requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
Licensed Veterinary Technicians only. Salary commensurate with experience level.
- Short Term Disability paid for by employer
- Complimentary Life Insurance $25,000; with options to purchase additional voluntary benefits for self or family
- Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401K with 100% company match up to 3% and 50% company match up to 5%, eligible after 6 months of employment
- Kaiser/United Healthcare Insurance Plans with multiple options
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options
- United Healthcare Dental Insurance; includes a 100% paid premium option for team members
- United Healthcare Vision Insurance options
- Long Term Disability options
- Progyny-Fertility and Family Building Support (up to $10,000)
- Team Member Discounts for Pet Care
- Paid PTO
The Oncology Service- RichmondHenrico, VA
Get fresh Licensed Veterinary Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.