Are you a person who is caring, loving and enjoys making a difference in others’ lives? Would you like to put your compassionate leadership skills to work for a wonderful organization?
Then Springfield Masonic Community, a subsidiary of the Ohio Masonic Home, may just be the place for you!
Springfield Masonic Community is just that…. A community. A community of people dedicated to being the trusted partner in the aging process. Please bring your talents and caring and join our community.
We are looking for an exceptional Director of Nursing, and it could be YOU!
What would your job entail?
The Director of Nursing assumes authority, responsibility, and accountability for the delivery of nursing services in the facility. In collaboration with facility Administration, allocates department resources in an efficient and economic manner to enable each resident to attain or maintain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being. Collaborates with other departments, medical professionals, consultants, and organizations, including government agencies and advocacy groups, to develop, support and coordinate resident care, related administrative functions, and to represent the interests of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, maintain, and implement nursing policy and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff and monitors staff practice and implementation.
- Leads the clinical team to better clinical outcomes and Quality Measures.
- Is an active participant in the Ohio Department of Health Inspections surveys.
- Communicates with the Administrator regarding Nursing Department issues through written and verbal reports.
- Participates in daily and weekly management team meetings to discuss resident census, census changes, care issues, medical condition changes, personnel, and resident complaints and concerns.
- Ensures delivery of compassionate care and nursing supervision as evidenced by quality services and staff coverage on all units, absence of odors, cleanliness, prevention of pressure sores and positive outcomes in resident care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and application of Quality Measures, and proactively monitors and implements systems to achieve and/or surpass company thresholds.
- Exercises overall supervision of resident assessments and care plans.
- Reviews 24 hour report from every unit daily to monitor and ensure timely, effective response to significant changes in condition, transfer, discharge, unexplained weight loss, injuries, falls, behavior episodes and medication errors.
- Collaborate with physicians, consultants, community agencies and institutions to improve quality of services and to resolve identified problems.
- Coordinate nursing services with all departments including Therapy.
- Performs rounds to observe care, to interview staff residents, families and other interested parties.
- Is the leader of the QAPI Committee.
- Coordinates and/or develops QAPI activities for nursing services to monitor nursing compliance with standards and regulatory requirements through rounds, interview and record review. Compiles summary of findings for QAPI committee.
- Oversees the Infection Preventionist and reviews all infection reports before being presented to QAPI committee.
- Participates in budget development for nursing department, as well as medical records, nursing and central supplies. Assures nursing staff are charging out supplies.
- Will ensure that the clinical processes and performance support the financial integrity of the department and facility.
- Participates in the preparation of the Plan of Correction to an inspection survey. And implements any QAPI required for nursing allegations.
- Promotes customer service and hospitality and responds to and adequately resolves complaints/concerns from residents and families about nursing services.
- Monitors facility incidents and complaints daily to identify those defined as unusual occurrences by State policy and promptly reports such occurrences to the Administrator for appropriate action.
- Promotes compliance with accident prevention procedures, safety rules and safe work practices to prevent employee injury and illness and control workers compensation costs.
- Assures all nursing staff are in compliance with licenses, certifications, and training.
- Interviews and selects key professional nursing management staff.
- Manages, supervises and evaluates through the performance improvement process, key professional nursing/non-professional support staff.
- Develops, coaches and supports professional/non-professional staff, supervised by the Director of Nursing, in performance of daily operational responsibilities.
- Oversees and implements corrective counseling, suspension and termination proceedings in collaboration with the Department of Human Resources, and the Administrator, as appropriate.
- Directs professional and non-professional staffing needs to effectively utilize available monetary and human resources to meet acuity needs.
- Acts in the Administrative capacity in the absence of the Administrator.
Manages the Clinical Managers, Nursing Administrative Support, Staff Development. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Nursing Department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (B. S. N.) from four-year college or university or associate degree in nursing
- 5 or more years Long Term Care nursing experience
- Additional coursework and experience in nursing management
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
The Ohio Masonic Homes offers a full complement of benefits for those that qualify, including medical, dental and vision insurance, with many preventative drugs covered at 100%, 403(b) plan participation with a match, PTO, Life Insurance benefits and a generous $5,000 education assistance program, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We require a drug screen, background check and physical, to ensure we hire only the best employees for our team!
We look forward to hearing from you today!