The Odyssey Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of various smoking related and ‘counter-culture’ products. Founded in 2011, our oldest and largest brand, Tsunami Premium, was one of the first vapor nicotine products on the market and positioned us to become a leader within our industry. Currently serving over 2,000 retails stores world wide, The Odyssey Group is committed to going above and beyond when it comes to providing cutting edge and quality products to our customers.
Our team in Troy, MI, currently has an exciting opportunity available to grow alongside us as a Graphic Designer.
The Graphic Designer is expected to contribute to the strategic development of our brand by playing an active role in visualizing, conceptualizing, and executing game-changing visuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Is responsible for generating brand awareness by designing product packaging, trade show booths, and point of service materials, posters, brochures, catalogs, etc.
- Develop concepts that meet our business objectives and model.
- Work with the marketing team and executive management to ensure that all media is consistent with company goals and strategies
- Work with and maintain equipment necessary to produce stunning visual images
- Develop and manage a relationship with marketing and executive management
- Assist in the implementation of marketing campaigns
- Provide valuable feedback and insights into the development of future campaigns
Job Requirements and Skill Qualifications
- At least 2 years of experience in photo/video production and editing.
- Professional experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Willingness to accept projects that range from minor tasks to complex projects.
- Self-motivated and responsible.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fearless of tight deadlines and direction change.
- Interest in learning new software and different design applications.
- Strong time management skills.
- Experience with 3D Software (such as: Maya, Cinema 4D, and 3D Studio), highly preferred
- 2+ Years
- Bachelor Degree
- Full Time (M-F: 9AM – 5PM as well as occasional travel.)
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-Time, $40K - $50K Hourly Salary (Potential for a performance based raise at time of 90 day evaluation.)
- Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Occasional travel to national industry trade shows may be required.)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays After 90 Days
- Health Insurance and Dental Coverage Offered After 90 Days
- Simple IRA Plan with Employee Matching After 90 Days
***NO PHONE CALLS***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year