Seeking an experienced legal assistant or paralegal for boutique Plaintiff's Medical Malpractice/Personal Injury Law Office in the University Town Center area (off of University Parkway / intersection of Interstate 70).
If you do not have actual prior experience as a paralegal or legal assistant, you must have specific legal training and/or education to qualify for this position and be able to demonstrate intelligence, dedication and ability to learn quickly. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Discretionary bonuses above base salary will be paid based on productivity and ability to excel with the position.
Candidates must be personable, well-spoken, and able to work independently. The position also requires daily communication with clients, opposing lawyers, courthouse staff, physicians, and other professionals. Daily tasks also include drafting and e-filing discovery and pleadings.
- Experience with Microsoft Office is essential;
- Candidate must be proficient with document production / Word / Office 365 / Outlook / Cloud storage and pdf data files;
- Candidate must posses perfect grammatical skills;
- At times, Candidate must be able to perform tasks under pressure; and
- At all times, Candidate must be able to perform tasks with attention to detail.
Please include your compensation history and resume with your cover letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for this position. There will be some skills assessment testing done at the time of interview.
PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT seeking any free lance or contract or work-from-home candidates. Also, please do NOT apply if you are a law school graduate waiting to pass the Bar exam to practice as an attorney, but want a short-term position as a paralegal in the meantime.