Position Title: Supply Chain Logistics Specialist
Location: El Segundo CA
Pay Rate :$33.00
1 year contract
**BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED*
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
• Researches and resolves customer and supplier issues. Interfaces with internal and external worldwide import operations and organizations.
• Meet internal customer's deadlines by ensuring timely processing and delivery of import shipments.
• Acts as liaison with customs brokers, freight forwarders and internal customers to coordinate shipments and resolve problems.
• Mantains acurate and timely electronic record keeping
• Provide broker with entry instructions and monitor broker's performance.
• Audit all import files for accuracy/completeness imediately after entry. Identifies entry discrepancies and cordinates entry corrections with import operations and customs broker, and monitors all post entry amendments.
• Support NGC export personnel/process to ensure required documentation/data is secured prior to exportation in order to facilitate the processing of import entries.
• Support other Import Operations and adminsitrative functions, as required.
• 3 years of experience in Logistics, customs brokerage, freight-forwarding, or a large importer with a Bachelor's degree(10 years of experience total in lieu of a Bachelor's degree) or years of experience with a Master's degree.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel, Access, and Project
• Working knowledge of SAP
• Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government DoD security clearance at the secret level
• 6 years of experience in Logistics, customs brokerage, freight-forwarding, or a large importer with a Bachelor's degree (10 years of experience total in lieu of a Bachelor's degree), or 4 years of experience with a Master's degree.
• Aerospace & Defense sector experience
• Knowledge of operations with regards to both air & ocean import shipments
• Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
If you're qualified and interested in this position, please reply to the following questions:
1. An attachment of your updated resume in MS Word document format
2. Your desire pay rate?
3. Your availability for interview, if selected?
4. When can you start?
The Norland Group has been in operation successfully since 1996. We are a strong believer of people management, professionalism and accountability. We only make promises when we are certain we can fulfill them. Our business focuses on fulfilling the needs of commercial and government customers in administrative services, workforce mobilization, information technology, engineering, project management services.
Our Mission Statement
Our main goal is to provide career advancement opportunities to our associates. We are committed to bringing our customers exceptional support services with the highest quality, integrity, and innovation. We believe that we are the stepping stone for our associates to advance their careers and to live a better life. Everyone should have a chance to live a successful and happy life. We operate our business based on those values and we choose employees who value the same principles.