- Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's Degree.
- Certification as a Professional Project Manager preferred.
- Five or more years experience as a Project Manager and or Sr. Business Analyst.
- Previous utility experience
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in all aspects of project management.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Project Management System Implementation Change Management Product Management Desired Qualifications Ability to motivate, create enthusiasm and excitement.
- Ability to provide creative solutions in systems and process design.
- Ability to solve complex problems or situations: appropriate solutions determined from available choices and well-established guidelines.
- Job duties involve innovation and analysis to resolve problems.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and the ability to render good judgment and sound decisions.
- Excellent presentation and organization skills for work in a collaborative environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other project management tools.
- Gather and define project requirements.
- Clearly articulate, through total comprehension of the business case, the objectives and issues necessary to deliver the end product.
- Direct and lead the planning and management of assigned projects through completion.
- Maintain project controls through a complete and thorough understanding of project needs, goals, and responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment that encourages the accomplishment of all project goals.
- Conduct project kick-off meetings, communicating individual roles and project expectations.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule.
- Identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
- Keep management aware of the situation. Manage scope, budget and change controls associated with project.
- Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure the project remains within specified scope and is within schedule, cost and quality objectives.
- Manage day-to-day team and client communications by keeping the team informed of the status, project deliverables and by managing the issue resolution process.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment that encourages the accomplishment of all project goals. Provide the team with feedback as it pertains to project performance.
- Build a climate that encourages safety consciousness and taking accountability for actions.
- Take a proactive approach to identifying and correcting safety hazards and work practices within the workplace.
This job is to support the Service Planning Supervisor in the Sacramento Office .
Assist with workload balancing, data integrity, customer resolution issues, reports, etc. We are open to both local and non-local.
• Ability to analyze data (SAP)
• Customer Service
• Project Support