Duration: 2 year contract
Non-Exempt - Field Service Project Manager, Project Services
Open to candidates located anywhere in US. They will be working remote our of their home and should be open to traveling as needed to any work sites.
Purpose of Position:
Field Service PM will build and manage relationships with customer, local market, individual contributors and managers and conduct fields service design related activities for Project Services. Provides guidance to vendors who perform on-site services including installation, maintenance, and repair. Field Service PM's are hands on agents skilled in OSP and ISP walkout field design with an in-depth understanding construction. This position will be required to work independently, manage project workflow, have knowledge of construction practices for product placement, and experience with all phases of network implementation. Ensures fields services are effective and customers’ requirements are met. The position requires the ability to travel locally on a daily basis.
2. Major Responsibilities – Ongoing Tasks:
• Conduct all business activities in a manner consistent with corporate values and Code of Conduct with proper handling of confidential company and customer information.
• Engage with customer(s) to insure needs and expectations are met.
• Gather design requirements
• Planning and designing fiber optic hardware and cable routing for both OSP and ISP applications.
• Conduct pre-construction site surveys to verify cable routing, identify any obstacles that may result in additional construction costs, and take field measurements
• Assist in the creation of splice plans, test plans, system as-builts, and other documentation
• Physically perform Site Walk outs (preliminary, pre-construction, post-construction/final)
• Develop a preliminary design based on field walkout using Fiber Pass software
• Statement of Work Generation
• Ensure activities are being performed in an appropriate manner by contractors and vendors
• Coordinate, monitor and consult on fiber optic plant construction activities to ensure products are being installed within customer guidelines and manufacturer standard recommended procedures.
• Conduct regular safety audits to ensure all contractors are working within Corning and OSHA safety guidelines
• Provide daily reports to the project manager outlining construction progress on all installations located in the assigned area of responsibility.
• Working knowledge of fiber optic fusion splicing, testing, and troubleshooting.
• Troubleshoot potential warranty issues using company provided equipment such as OTDR, Visual Fault Locators (VFL), and Optical Test Sets.
• Understanding of “local” cable placement best practices.
• Familiar with “local” permitting and construction codes.
• Manage Construction Documents
• Manage Change Orders
• Perform job Completion documentation and activities
• Perform project Invoicing and Billing Activities
• Data Entry as required
3. Equipment Used:
• Personal computer (PC), and Plotter/Printer.
• Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, AutoCAD, MS Visio.
• OTDR, optical power meter
• Fusion splicer
• Field connectorization kits and other optical cable installation and test equipment.
• iBWave Unity
• Develop a proficiency with network design related software (e.g. Fiber Pass)
• Network mapping software, Google Earth.
• Develop a proficiency with custom Network Management Systems such as NDS, GE small world.
• Other field tools as required by the project circumstances
4. Personnel indirectly managed:
• Field Engineers
• Other project related field resources
5. Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in telecommunication engineering or project management preferred.
Two years’ experience in Telecommunication and/or Project Management preferred.
• Previous experience with CCS optical products is desired.
• Remote work experience entailing project planning, network design, documentation, and workflow management.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Visio and/or graphics drawing programs is a plus.
• Fluent in English. Ability to speak other languages is a plus.
• Willing to travel extensively. Requirements are 50% or more of time spent traveling.
6. Additional Requirements:
• Person ideally willing to remain in this position for a minimum of two years.
~Position requires self- motivated and disciplined individual to manage project sites located in the US area.
~Will have an issued lap top and work out of home, however, will be in the field majority of time overseeing field installation projects; job requires good physical ability to maneuver around sites and equipment.
~Good eye site and ability to distinguish colors will be needed to work with fiber optics
~Must have good sense of urgency to keep projects on schedule and see thru to completion. Strong leadership and communication skills required to work with customers and trades people.
~ Proactive attitude will be needed to keep on schedule, identify potential challenges and find resolutions.
~Position will report to Operations Manager located in Hickory, NC.
~Long term assignment.