Role: IT Project Manager
Location: San Ramon,CA
Job Duration: 24 Months
Roles and responsibilities: Responsible for the concurrent management of one or more small to medium-sized projects. These projects are one-time, multitask jobs that have clearly defined start and end dates, a specific scope of work, a budget, required resources, and a specified performance objective to be achieved.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with moderate scope and complexity
• Responsible for leading one or more projects typically between $100,000 - $2,000,000
• Gathering, defining and documenting project requirements
• Clearly defining and communicating roles, responsibilities and expectations for all members of the project team
• Obtaining and defining staffing requirements and forming project teams
• Independently planning all associated work to meet project goals
• Providing direction and leadership to project management analysts and schedulers
• Conducting project kick-off meetings
• Communicating individual project roles and expectations
• Recording, tracking and communicating issues, risks, changes, and status reports within company standard tool
• Accurately and consistently forecasting project resource, material and contract costs within a standard tool(s)
• Driving all project related tasks to completion
• Developing and maintaining up-to-date detailed project schedules and work plans
• Monitoring critical project milestones, and identifying ways to resolve schedule issues
• Coordinating any required contract work within defined policy
• Conducting site visits and walk downs as needed
• Assessing project performance and implementing changes as necessary to ensure the projects remains within specified cost, schedule, scope and quality objectives
• Communicating status of all projects to stakeholders and management
• Developing and maintaining a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients
• Resolving problems of project specific scope within procedural guidelines
• Preparing all project documentation for closure, storage, and possible auditing activities, ensuring technical accuracy
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent experience
• 3+ years’ experience managing one or more small to medium complexity IT product / infrastructure projects Required technical experience Minimum:
• Fully competent in understanding and applying project management principles and methodologies
• Previous experience managing projects that delivers Information Technology infrastructure including computing, telecommunications, networking, data center, security, voice, and data communications.
• Resource planning, scheduling and tracking skills
• Ability to function and manage in a matrixed environment
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills
• Cost management expertise
• Team player
• Organized and analytical.
• Experienced in problem-solving
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from PMI or equivalent certification from an accredited program
Required functional experience
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel and Word
Required education and certifications:
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree required.
• Masters/ MBA
• Experience with Primavera, PPMC, SAP and Microsoft Visio a plus
The Norland Group has been in operation successfully since 1996. We are a strong believer of people management, professionalism and accountability. We only make promises when we are certain we can fulfill them. Our business focuses on fulfilling the needs of commercial and government customers in administrative services, workforce mobilization, information technology, engineering, project management services.
Our Mission Statement
Our main goal is to provide career advancement opportunities to our associates. We are committed to bringing our customers exceptional support services with the highest quality, integrity, and innovation. We believe that we are the stepping stone for our associates to advance their careers and to live a better life. Everyone should have a chance to live a successful and happy life. We operate our business based on those values and we choose employees who value the same principles.