Position Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Pasadena CA
Pay Rate: $65 / HR.
12 month contract
(REQUIRES AEROSPACE BACKGROUND)
Client is an exciting and unique company which provides robotics, mechanisms, and system engineering services for spacecraft and instruments. Uniquely equipped to provide a full range of design and manufacturing services, the Company performs end-to-end product development from conception through delivery. The Company's most notable products to date are the robotic arms currently providing critical functionality on the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's Mars Science Laboratory's 'Curiosity' Rover and the Mars Exploration Rover 'Opportunity'. The Pasadena branch of Client has provided every planetary robotic arm sent to Mars. Composite, metallic and damped structures have also been delivered for numerous flight programs. Services include design, analysis, fabrication, assembly and test of products for space and other demanding applications. Key competencies include mechanical and electromechanical design, dynamic and stress analysis, machining, precision assembly, and test engineering.
Client is seeking an Electrical Engineer to work a variety of terrestrial and space based projects at their Pasadena, CA location. We are looking for an electrical engineer who has a wide range of skills and interests and is willing to take on new tasks even those that may require on-the-job self-training. The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of electromechanical systems including direct and indirect testing
- Prepares and presents external design reviews with management and customers
- Documents project activity with an emphasis on laboratory documentation
- Takes on many roles including:
- Electrical design
- Software development
- Hardware integration
- Hardware and software testing
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Requires Aerospace experience.
Essential Job Functions/Core Competencies:
- Schematic Capture using Orcad or Altium
- Harness design: Routing, termination, shielding, and grounding
- Motion control sensor experience: encoders, resolvers, potentiometers
- Driven, pro-active, detail oriented, and motivated to learn new things
- Time/cost/team management & reporting skills
- Team player: enjoys working with others to solve problems
- Enjoys a variety of roles and positions
- Professional and responsible
- Takes ownership of deliverables
- Knows when and how to get help
- Enjoys dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Able to work multiple projects and tasks (shift gears, multi-tasking)
- Completes work quickly and efficiently
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, modified or changed at any time at the Company's discretion. Changes may be made formally, informally either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelors in a technical field
- 3-5 years of experience, 3 years of direct design experience
- Required experience:
- Hands-on electrical systems testing experience
- Direct hands on experience with common electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, multimeters, spectrum analyzers, power analyzers, TDRs, etc
- Understanding of ESD, EMI / EMC, surge, flyback, etc concerns and mitigation strategies
- Experience with stepper, brushed, and brushless DC motors
- Experience with motor drivers, servo amplifiers, and motor control / motor controllers such as Copley or Elmo
- Prior experience with space flight SW and/or HW development
- Desired experience:
- Custom PCB design experience (Cadence OrCAD, Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics PADS, etc)
- Direct hands on experience with PCB / PCA rework tools and techniques including SMT soldering and rework
- Understanding of and desire to work with mechanical, electrical, and software systems
- Basic programming skills/aptitude (C, C++, Matlab, Simulink, Labview, Tcl)
- Motion control, robotics, and/or spacecraft control in particular
- Experience with multiple degree of freedom robotic manipulators including inverse kinematics, path planning, etc.
- Experience with serial bus communications experience, particularly CANbus, RS422 / RS485, RS232, 1553, LVDS, Cameralink, Ethernet and other motion control interfaces
- Sensor fusion / integration
- Embedded hardware and software experience
- Real-time OS (RTOS) experience
- Familiarity with low volume, high precision manufacturing and assembly techniques
- Familiarity with prototype or research and development (R&D) environments
Able to work at desk using computer 60% of the time
Able to review, process, retrieve and file paperwork (may include lifting up to 25 lbs)
Client positions require access to defense articles, equipment, technical information or service that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a "U.S. Person" as defined by ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15, 8 USC 1101(a)(20), and 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)."
1. An attachment of your updated resume in MS Word document format
2. Your desire pay rate?
3. Your availability for interview, if selected?
4. When can you start?