The New York Center for Travel and Tropical Medicine and Gastroenterology is hiring. We are looking for a medical receptionist with experience in medical field working in a private physician office, with ability to navigate EMR, effectively triage phone calls, schedule appointments, and execute assigned tasks efficiently without hesitation.
Job duties include:
- Manage multiple phone lines
- Check patients in/out
- Update patients’ demographic data and contact information
- Scan and upload patient documentation into EMR
- Contact patients to confirm scheduled appointments
- Assist patients with rescheduling appointments
- Collect patient payments
- Communicate messages to provider and nurses in a timely fashion
- Keep front desk area neat and organized
- Have the ability to multitask and handle incoming phone calls in order of priority
Requirements: previous experience working in a physician office and navigation of EMR; computer knowledge; advanced knowledge of MS Office use (MS word and MS Excel in particular); great communication skills.