Position Job Title: Customer Care Representative
Position Location: Milpitas, CA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To ensure homeowner requests are answered quickly, thoroughly and professionally.
- Homeowner Meetings
- Attend the pre-Construction meeting with Site Manager and homebuyer to shape expectations and explain the homebuilding process.
- Conduct the new home orientation to educate the buyer in the operation of appliances and other special features of their home as well as to shape expectations and explain Warranty and Maintenance procedures.
- 21 days after closing to discuss the Eliant survey and deliver the 30 day Service Request letter and form.
- 30 day, 5 month, and 10 month assessments for warranty service and sign-off
Customer Care Activities
- Complete all customer care service requests within fourteen days of assessment and obtain customer sign-off.
- Supervise all trade contractors completing customer care service requests to ensure that all issues are addressed and quality repairs are made as required.
- Maintain field files documenting all customer care activities.
- Provide weekly service status reports to the Vice President of Operations/Director of Customer Care
- Route copies of all back-up documentation to the appropriate parties.
- Approve all service-related invoices for payment.
- Identify recurring warranty items and work with construction team members and trade contractors to eliminate or minimize them.
- Provide an assessment of subcontractors and the quality of their work.
- Perform regular maintenance on inventory homes.
- Work with the project team to prepare model homes for grand openings.
- On a periodic basis, serve as the contact for weekend emergency service.
- Work closely with the Site Manager and Designer to prepare homes for the New Home Orientation.
- Monitor customer survey results to determine possible areas for improvement.
- Provide input to the design team regarding potential maintenance issues involving specification and option selections for a given model complex or project.
- Make recommendations for improving the customer care/warranty process.
- Provide leadership to team members by modeling the company values, vision and operating principles
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- A minimum of five years’ experience in customer service in the home building industry is preferred.
- Possess superior customer relations skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Maintain a professional appearance and a “can-do” attitude.
The New Home Company retains the discretion to add or change job duties at any time.