Montessori Lead Teacher
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The New Century School is a recognized, independent, private school located in the Fell’s Point neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland. We cater to children in preschool through middle school. Our progressive, 21st-century curriculum focuses on critical thinking, global awareness, and language learning. TNCS’s academic philosophy combines dual-language learning, inquiry, and multiculturalism within a mixed-age/grade, small-classroom setting.
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking an experienced, credentialed lead Montessori teacher for students in the Primary group (ages 3-5) for the 2022-23 school year. Ideal candidates should possess school-based experience and have the ability to work individually and in small groups with students from ages 3 to ages 5. The Teacher leads in planning and implementing individualized, daily educational programs for a group of preschool-aged children in a multicultural, multilingual, bias-free environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Planning and implementing the Montessori curriculum through engaging presentations and lessons plans
- Creating and maintaining a positive and safe learning environment that will stimulate the students’ intellectual and creative growth
- Establishing and maintaining a record-keeping system to track student progress
- Supervising and mentoring the classroom assistants and providing necessary instruction and training for those assisting in the classroom environment
- Promoting good communication among staff members and assistant teachers
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents
- Being available to parents through written communication and conferences
- Educating parents on the Montessori philosophy
- Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) or American Montessori Society (AMS) certification
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education & teaching experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in school admissions or comparable work.
** Every employee must be fully vaccinated.
The New Century School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, familial status, or source of income in admissions, employment, or the administration of any of its educational programs and activities.
The New Century School
EducationView all jobs at The New Century School