The Neon Tea Party is seeking an Operations Associate to manage sales, customer service, and logistics across our two largest revenue drivers -- craft events and e-commerce -- providing both key areas with equal support and thorough management.
This role will center around the daily tasks associated with operating both e-commerce- and events-based businesses, specifically:
- Managing the entire e-commerce ecosystem, from placing inventory orders with our product vendors to ensuring that customers receive their shipments in a timely fashion
- Managing TNTP’s event booking process through the entire event lifecycle, from prospecting new clients and nurturing warm leads through managing event logistics both prior-to and on-site
Operations Associate will work side-by-side with our CEO and founder, Marisa, to continue growing both key areas of our business. This opportunity is a unique chance to work alongside a female founder and help her in taking this 3 year-old small business to the next level. The ideal candidate will be an upbeat, enthusiastic, self-motivated and solution-oriented individual who is ready to get their hands dirty and work hard to help make a dream a reality.
- Manage the shipment of customer orders, from printing labels and packing orders and coordinating with shipping partners to ensure that customers receive their shipments in a timely fashion
- Lead the inventory management process, inputting new inventory into the system, monitor site stock availability, and reorder materials when item levels are low
- Compile DIY kits and kit components to stock inventory and fulfill customer orders.
- Maintain and reorder all packaging and packing materials for shipping
- Be able to troubleshoot platform issues, working independently to resolve issues when possible and proactively collaborating with site vendors when necessary
- Keep your finger on the pulse of new Etsy best practices and update our Etsy listings accordingly
- Manage incoming customer service emails and respond to inquiries regarding customer orders, returns, refunds, stock search, general inquiries, and more
- Rectify customer discrepancies and do everything in our power and budget to ensure a positive experience (send missing/incorrect items, provide coupon codes, etc.)
- Field private and corporate event inquiries, communicate with clients regarding their event needs, provide service information, and coordinate closely with them to secure their booking
- Once private events are confirmed, manage the event execution process, including booking teachers for events and managing workshop & event supplies/packing lists
- Order supplies for events and maintain craft supply inventory
- Communicate with clients post-event to wrap up and issue final invoice
- Help manage TNTP’s workshop program, including managing the workshop calendar, creating workshop ticket pages, posting classes to events marketing sites, ordering supplies / managing craft supply inventory, prepping materials, and occasionally attending workshops
While the role’s immediately responsibilities are centered around providing operational support for sales, customer service, and logistics, there is an opportunity to grow into more strategic responsibilities, particularly around events, workshops, and e-commerce marketing.
Events & Workshops Marketing
Grow relationships with existing events clients, exploring ways to work with them again in a larger and/or on-going capacity
Expand our client base via outreach/pitching to desired partners, and by creating relevant marketing materials such as email, Instagram, flyers and etc. to reach new potential clients
Support E-Commerce Marketing
Strategize opportunities to drive organic sales traffic to the site, working to plan optimal product-focused content across marketing channels (Pinterest, Instagram, and The Neon Tea Party blog)
Collaborate with CEO and COO to establish promotional calendar to drive sales seasonally, including drafting emails, creating social copy and visual assets, creating promo codes, and more.
Support product-based marketing efforts such as influencer/press gifting, media opportunities, promotional giveaways and more
Look out for new opportunities to market our products digitally and in-person in a way that makes sense for our brand and budget
- Excited by creative entrepreneurship
- Passionate about small business & ready to put in the energy to take a small business to the next level in its lifecycle
- Can-do, problem solver attitude
- 1-3 years of retail operations, customer service and/or project management experience. Events experience a major plus!
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Outgoing people-person who forms positive relationships with ease
- Impeccable grammar and strong writing skills
- Familiarity with Wordpress a plus
- Familiarity project management tools (JIRA, Asana, etc.) a plus
- Passionate about crafting a major plus!