Site Human Resources Assistant III - Payroll
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for a Human Resources Assistant III - Payroll at our San Benito Foods facility in Hollister, CA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Summary: Provides Human Resources administrative support functions in multiple areas of Human Resources focus or expertise at an assigned facility, including payroll processing, recruiting, employee/labor relations, employee scheduling, compensation, benefits, training, timecard auditing, and/or employee records. May function as internal expert in one of the above HR functional areas at the corporate office or at an assigned plant. May conduct pre-employment screening interviews, check references and respond to routine questions on HR policy. May coach and oversee other HR professional staff. Works within a unionized facility.
- Responds to routine inquiries about HR and Payroll matters and directs employees to appropriate program information/resources.
- Compiles information, prepares and processes a wide variety of personnel action forms containing confidential and sensitive information.
- Assists Human Resources and department managers with personnel matters in a confidential manner.
- Troubleshoots and investigates issues or grievances before elevating to the Human Resources Manager.
- May serve as a technical resource to others in the resolution of complex problems, and orient, train, assign and review the work of other clerical staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associates’ degree in business, human resources or related advanced coursework preferred; or, any equivalent combination of training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- 3-5 years’ office experience in an HR environment or HR specialty focus for a manufacturing operation. Union workforce experience strongly preferred. Food processing manufacturing with seasonal workforce preferred.
- Requires excellent skills using MS Office applications; particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of internal payroll processing, paid time off requirements, onboarding and termination processes, scheduling and state/federal regulations; excellent written and oral communication skills; bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work extended schedule and weekends seasonally, generally June – November, and to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and credit screen.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401(k) match with Traditional & Roth options available
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Numerous other voluntary products available
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
The Neil Jones Food Company participates in E-Verify
If You Have the Right to Work, Don't Let Anyone Take It Away
We are an Equal Opportunity and Fair Chance Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Neil Jones Food Company
BusinessView all jobs at The Neil Jones Food Company