Quality Assurance Assitant Supervisor - (Seasonal)
- Posted: over a month ago
The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for a seasonal Assistant Quality Assurance Supervisor at our Toma-Tek facility in Firebaugh, CA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Summary: Responsible for direct supervision of Quality Assurance (QA) personnel and laboratory functions to ensure effective daily operations of QA Department in a food processing plant. Coordinates with Production to ensure that final products meet quality specifications. Ensures accurate control of product into quality segregated lots according to proper procedures. This is a seasonal, temporary job supporting our fresh pack season, typically June – October.
- Directly supervises QA personnel; ensures that lab functions are correctly administered according to QA procedures, GFSI requirements, USDA and FSMA regulations; relays and coordinates information with appropriate production and QA staff; responsible for training and coaching.
- Oversees daily auditing of processes and assures that required testing has been completed, properly entered into the computer databases and documentation reviewed and filed.
- Provides advice and direction to cooks, leads and production managers regarding the required adjustments needed to keep products within specification.
- Assists in the validation and verification of existing quality processes, evidence, and documentation of the plant’s food safety program to ensure that SQF standards are met.
- Assists in directing workers engaged in inspection, testing and plant sanitation activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- High School Diploma or Associate’s degree in in Food Science, Sciences, Business or other related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- At least 1 year of experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- 3 years’ demonstrated supervisory experience including interviewing, hiring, training, and performance management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows products e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Requires, or be able to obtain, HACCP, Thermal Processing, PCQI, and SQF certification.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and credit screen.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
The Neil Jones Food Company participates in E-Verify
If You Have the Right to Work, Don't Let Anyone Take It Away
We are an Equal Opportunity and Fair Chance Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Neil Jones Food Company
TechnologyView all jobs at The Neil Jones Food Company