- Posted: over a month ago
Summary: Supervises personnel within the Production Department; responsible for day-to-day operational functions, ensuring accuracy, continuous flow process, maintaining quality assurance, effective and efficient productivity, continuous improvement and departmental achievement towards goals and deadlines set forth.
- Trains and directs in the operation of using various methods, tools, equipment and technology to achieve 100% accuracy in yield control.
- Maintains adequate knowledge of products and equipment to ensure the ability to direct employees to perform the job properly.
- Coordinates changeovers with Shift Manager
- Reviews operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems to ensure plant is operating at optimum efficiency.
- Monitors production standards for units produced, product quality, labor cost, employee safety, raw material yields and cost control to ensure all production meets company standards
- Associate’s degree in manufacturing operations, management, or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Or, any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- 3 years’ relevant work experience in the manufacturing industry; food processing experience required; tomato processing experience preferred.
- 2 years’ experience supervising a large group of employees, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and Word.
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written; bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, and work extended hours and weekends during the fresh pack season, typically July through October.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- 401(k) match with Traditional & Roth options available
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Numerous other voluntary products available
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
The Neil Jones Food Company participates in E-Verify
If You Have the Right to Work, Don't Let Anyone Take It Away
We are an Equal Opportunity and Fair Chance Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Neil Jones Food Company
ManufacturingView all jobs at The Neil Jones Food Company