Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Packaging Engineer, within the Packaging Design & Development Group, executes package solutions to fuel growth and innovation for The Nature's Bounty Co.’s businesses. The Packaging Engineer role provides technical support and innovation from inception through launch and supports other initiatives, operations and related activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, approve and commercialize packaging for new and line extensions to drive profitable growth
- Ensure package integrity from prototype through successful commercialization by evaluating material selection, structural integrity, manufacturing and printing capabilities
- Conduct distribution testing
- Creation of packaging specifications and drawings for all components (printed and non-printed) relative to category
- Use technical expertise, portfolio management and insight to identify areas for package innovation, printer consolidation, improve profitability through both damage reduction and cost saving opportunities
- Establish and enforce packaging, printing and graphic specifications that meet corporate, regulatory, and consumer/customer needs
- Support both in-house and co-packed items
- Proactively communicate project updates and issues in a timely manner to all stakeholders
- Work with Quality, R&D and Nutrition Research to understand product/packaging interactions
- 2+ years of technical package development experience within a global Consumer Packaged Goods company
- Broad understanding of the fundamentals of Packaging Development
- BS degree required; packaging engineering major is highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working on project teams and achieving common goals
- Strong organization skills to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with various levels of an organization
- Advanced PC skills, including Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Specifications systems and TOPS/CAPE
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar software desired
- AutoCad experience a plus
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-200-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.