We're seeking outstanding college students across the nation who will effectively manage a team of student leaders and gain real-world experience in management, budgeting, communication, public speaking, marketing, and event planning.
Are you looking to expand your professional network? Are you an effective communicator with strong leadership skills? Then apply today!
Successful Chapter Presidents will:
- Source and manage a team of student leaders to effectively plan a series of campus events
- Plan and coordinate social, fundraising, and community service activities to create a strong community of leaders on campus
- Participate in weekly coaching sessions with a Student Program Director
- Recruit an executive board and an advisor to participate and mentor your leadership program
- Research and sort out logistics to become a registered student organization
- Research and partner with different leadership organizations and programs on your campus
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Develops their own chapter of the NSLS, leaving a legacy on your campus.
- Find a qualified advisor.
- Manage an executive board of students.
- Attend a training retreat - to be completed either online virtually or as an all-expenses-paid trip to the National Office in New Jersey for 2 days, outside of New York City.
- Register as a Student Organization or Department Sponsorship
- Send Invitations to students
- Schedule, plan, and execute NSLS events including LIVE Speaker Broadcasts, Orientation, and Leadership Training Day.
- Lead and schedule Success Networking Team meetings (a peer-to-peer accountability group)
- Host social events to create a strong community of leaders
- Participate in weekly coaching sessions with the Student Program Director and Chapter Support Manager.
Required Level of Education
- Some College
Required Graduation Year
- Have at least 2-3 semesters remaining before obtaining a degree (Class of 2020, 2021, 2022, or 2023)
All candidates will go through the hiring process. The pre-requisites include:
- Be a full-time student at a 2-year or 4-year college or university in the United States.
- Demonstrate leadership experience
- Minimum G.P.A. of 2.50 overall
- Demonstrated leadership experience or abilities in past clubs, organizations, or employment.
- Your campus does NOT currently host a National Society chapter (Listing is here: https://www.nsls.org/listing)
- Have at least two (2) semesters remaining before a degree is completed at current college/university.
About the National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS)
Building Leaders Who Make a Better World
NSLS is an organization that helps people discover and achieve their goals. The NSLS offers life-changing lectures from the nation's leading presenters and a community where like-minded, success-oriented individuals come together and help one another succeed. The NSLS also serves as a powerful force of good in the greater community by encouraging and organizing action to better the world.
The guiding question we established to shape all the important decisions the organization makes is: "Are we helping the greatest number of people in the greatest way?" When asked how he might sum up the key thing that the NSLS does, founder Gary Tuerack shared, "We are dream supporters – we build leaders, support people in achieving their dreams, and better the world in the process. We get people to ask the all-important question, 'What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?' and then help them to achieve those goals."