Senior UI/UX Designer
Full-time On-site in Sunnyvale, CA
You are an innovative, creative and strategic UI/UX Designer who solves business problems using design principles. In addition, you are meticulous with strong attention to detail and an eye that catches errors. For example, when you read a book, you see the typos. You are a roll-up-your-sleeves FUN team player who enthusiastically continually improving our approach and processes.
As the Senior UI/UX Designer, your responsibilities will include:
1. Contribute to User Experience Strategy, Direction & Documentation for ELEVATE (90%)
• Create compelling flows, wireframes and designs and for MBC’s web applications to optimize user experience.
• Develop user flows, wireframes, prototypes and final design documents for new features, and for improvements to existing features.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to inform design decisions, optimizing design decisions.
• Be the MBC point-person for best-in-class user interaction.
• Coordinate initial usability testing and incorporate indicated alterations into improved designs.
• Participate in customer interviews, as appropriate.
• Compile all research possible, including reviewing Sales Force tickets, NPS and collaborating with CR to encompass customer feedback into all design decisions.
• Write functional specs and agile ‘stories’ as necessary to accompany the wireframes, prototypes, or final design so that the development team has as much information as possible up-front.
• Support development throughout entire code creation process to continually answer all questions that arise outside of the spec / definitions.
• Create or adjust images, such as iconography, as needed.
2. Content Management for ELEVATE (10%)
• Update, post, and maintain content for identified platform including text and images, using in-house CMS tools (Umbraco) to meet scheduled release dates.
• Develop new platform pages as directed by manager.
• Work with Development and QA to ensure UI consistency and to resolve UI-related issues such as CSS conflicts.
• Ensure quality, consistency, and optimal user experience as measured by usability testing, customer surveys and feedback from Customer Relations team.
These job duties and responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. Other job duties may be assigned by department manager.
You will have the following:
B.A./B.S. in Human Computer Interactions or a related field is ideal.
Master’s degree in design a plus
• 3+ years of experience with user experience methodologies such as user experience design, prototype development in a similar role.
• Understanding of information architecture and interaction design principles and best practices for web and mobile mediums.
• Prior experience of creatively conceptualizing and visualizing how to solve user experience challenges.
• Demonstrated track record of prototyping and the ability to deliver prototypes at various levels of fidelity.
• Demonstrated track record of attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills working in a collaborative and iterative environment.
• Excellent writing and verbal skills.
As the ideal candidate, you will also have:
• Experience using Content Management Systems such as SharePoint, Sitecore Telerik or Umbraco.
• Proficient in Adobe and Illustrator, and able to edit and manipulate images.
• Ability to create production-ready visual elements and assets for front-end developers.
• Project flow management experience.
• Usability testing experience.
As a B Corp, our culture is mission driven and formalizes what has been our historic practice of taking all stakeholders into account including employees, customers and the environment into in order to make a positive difference. We have a culture that is emotionally intelligent, aligned, results-focused, cross-functional, and committed to the professional development of all employees.
Our organization’s job is to help people development professionals be better and, in turn, help their companies’ employees flourish. While we’re best known for our organizational development products like the Myers-Briggs® (MBTI®) assessment, we are a group of professionals who provide expertise in the talent management industry. We offer solutions to help improve organizational performance and address whatever challenges businesses and professionals face – from team building, leadership, coaching, and conflict management to career development, selection, and retention. Perhaps this is why millions of individuals in more than 170 countries use our products each year. These include people from Fortune 500 companies to businesses of all sizes, as well as educators, government agencies, and training and development consultants.
Working here gives you the opportunity to make a positive difference, be accountable, experience genuine respect from your colleagues and peers, and feel valued and supported. We work to create an environment that fosters excellence and encourages employees to contribute, learn, and grow throughout their career.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. (EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled)
If you would like to make a significant contribution to our growth, while working with others who are passionate about our solutions and mission, please apply online today!
Nicole Trapasso, Vice President, HR&OD