Regional Marketing Programs Manager,
On-Site in Sunnyvale, California
You are an experienced Regional Marketing Programs Manager seeking your next opportunity to make a positive impact, which in this role would include managing the US Marketing Programs team and demand generation from new business opportunities and existing customers in the US market. Leveraging an integrated marketing strategy including direct mail (electronic and print), events, social media, on- and offline advertising, and the web, you will ensure the planning, co-ordination, communication, analysis and ongoing optimization of US marketing activities. You enjoy managing the US Marketing Programs team and demand generation from new business opportunities and existing customers in the US market.
Working closely with key sales leaders, you will define, implement and measure performance against customer acquisition and cross-sell/up-sell campaign goals to meet and exceed marketing-influenced pipeline (MQLs, SQLs) and sales revenue targets. In this role, you will continually assess and understand the territory’s current pipeline mix and gaps, target accounts, and identify lead generation action plans as needed. You have a successful track-record of building strong relationships with the sales team and collaborate with other marketing functions to ensure successful results. A key part of your focus will ensure that US marketing activities are consistent with overall company branding, visual identity and overarching marketing objectives.
You would report to the Senior Global Marketing Programs Manager (UK), and be based in our corporate headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. You would manage team members located in the Sunnyvale office and work closely with global colleagues in field offices.
As the Regional Marketing Programs Manager, your primary responsibilities include:
• Plan, oversee and manage a range of integrated marketing acquisition and nurture campaigns to drive pipeline and revenue from both existing customers and new prospects at all stages of the buyer journey
• Oversee activities including creative concepting, scheduling and coordination of tactical deliverables, content development, production oversight, vendor negotiations and management (as required), budget management, measurement and reporting
• Develop and execute a regional campaign plan, working with the Senior Global Marketing Programs Manager and the Global Marketing Content team to utilize global themes and content, adapting messaging according to local market requirements
• Collaborate with product management and key stakeholders to apply product messaging in a clear and consumable format for internal and external audiences; and ensure it is appropriately reflected within customer-facing materials
• Lead the development of sales tools for direct and indirect use to drive clients and prospects through the sales cycle, from awareness to purchase
• Work with other marketing team members to conceive and create clear, persuasive messaging and visually engaging campaign content, including infographics, articles and direct mail
• Able to dive into the day to day to support the team’s execution and delivery against deadlines
• Identify opportunities and support the development of case studies and customer testimonials to support key sales messages and organizational objectives within the region
• Manage the development of content for local social media engagement, actively seeking pertinent information to share in addition to company news and events
• Maintain an excellent collaborative relationship with sales representatives and sales management, to support the development and appropriate assignment of marketing influenced leads and pipeline in the US
• Be a key marketing contact within the team for regional sales heads and other departments, such as Product Management, to define and agree campaign requirements, messaging, schedules, success metrics, and the timely availability of supporting go-to-market resources
• Help develop and maintain a comprehensive marketing analytics dashboard to track campaign results, analyzing data from Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics and other sources, and make recommendations and adjustments to optimize future campaign success
• Oversee marketing campaigns, including development, deployment, tracking, and measurement; contact and distribution list specification and management; landing page and form creation; and the flow of leads into Salesforce according to a pre-determined lead qualification process
• Work with Marketing and Sales leadership to define annual MQL, SQL goals. Managing the team to meet or exceed quarterly MQL, SQL and pipeline objectives
• Manage US based marketing resources (as needed) to ensure a coordinated and integrated set of marketing campaigns are defined, delivered and monitored.
• Continuously evaluate the needs of the US market and partner with the regional sales leadership and global marketing team to ensure the appropriate resources, expertise and capacity is available within the US marketing team.
• Work creatively to ensure the required capacity and expertise can be met through existing full-time equivalents and contract resources
• Engage and manage outside vendors as necessary to contribute to program goals
• Forecast, track and manage regional marketing programs budget with a focus on return on investment
• Ensure marketing campaigns and activities are fully compliant with local legislation, such as Can-Spam
• Collaborate with Product Managers to secure clear and compelling positioning and go to market messaging for products and services
• Communicate with Senior Global Marketing Programs Manager to ensure US marketing activities are aligned with overall marketing strategy and objectives
• Communicate with wider organization to ensure marketing campaigns are understood and evangelized to generate stakeholder buy-in
• Develop and communicate marketing plans with marketing colleagues and sales teams, and incorporate feedback into program improvements
• Ensure marketing activities, news and campaign success is appropriately shared with the wider business
• Work closely with other US-based marketing colleagues, such as US website team, and ensure that regional plans are clear, understood and executed on time and to budget
Your skills and experience include:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, or related fields; or equivalent work experience.
• 5 plus years of marketing experience, preferably in a B2B environment with responsibility for setting and achieving marketing goals and partnering closely with sales and product leaders
• Prior experience applying a solution orientated approach to problems and challenges, working with colleagues to address challenges as needed
• Excellent communication skills, able to take feedback and input from others, while maintain focus and drive on core objectives
• Prior management experience having directly managed an in-person or remote team of at least 3 people
• Experience and first-hand knowledge of integrated digital marketing techniques including direct mail, email marketing, social media, events and influencer marketing
• A metrics driven approach to marketing is a major requirement for this job
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, including scheduling, prioritizing, follow-through, and multi-tasking.
• Experience with Salesforce.com, Marketo and Tableau a plus