About the role:
The Mx Group is looking for a talented and enthusiastic junior graphic designer to join our creative team. In this role, you’ll primarily be working on design for print and web pieces as well as print production. You’ll be one of a four-member team working exclusively with one client. You will regularly communicate and collaborate with the team on ideas and concepts to help the client accomplish their business goals.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 1-2 years of professional design experience or comparable internship
- Professional hands-on experience in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator in a production capacity, including prepping files for printing
- Ability to make smart, purposeful decisions regarding layout and typography
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with same-day turnarounds and extremely tight deadlines
- Time management, multitasking and organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Enthusiastic work attitude
- Team player with experience working in a collaborative setting
- Quick, creative thinker and problem-solver
- Basic HTML skills are preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
Why you’ll love working here:
At The Mx Group, you’ll find we genuinely value and support each other — as people and as coworkers — as we produce award-winning work together. You aren’t likely to find another team so focused on collaboration and so dedicated to success.
We’re proud of the environment that we’ve nurtured, and because of that, we’re always looking for new ways to brighten up our team’s work day. We’re more into lunchtime board games than drama, and we don’t mind throwing in a chili cook-off or a bags tournament here and there. We’ll celebrate the start of Friday summer hours together, and enjoy a week off at the end of each year.
Plus, we offer a full benefits package, including gym membership reimbursement, paid parental leave, medical/dental/vision insurance and a 401(k) program. In short, you’re going to love coming to work.
A leading B2B agency, The Mx Group has consistently received awards both for our work and our company culture, and are ranked among the top 5 B2B agencies in the country by B2B Marketing. Located 20 minutes from downtown Chicago, The Mx Group empowers companies with the competitive edge of modern B2B marketing. To do this, we integrate a broad set of services: Strategy. Design and content. Web and app development. Demand gen and lead management. We make it all work together to help companies attract, engage and convert more customers. For 30 years, clients have trusted us to turn their marketing investments into measurable revenue.
The Mx Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. That means we not only provide equal opportunity and consideration to all employees and applicants for employment — we welcome it. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law, because we believe diversity drives us to deliver more valuable and meaningful experiences to clients and employees.