It’s a GREAT time to join The Mx Group! You might have noticed this is just one of many open positions we’ve posted. That’s because we’re growing fast and winning new accounts right and left. Come be a part of our success!
About the role:
The Mx Group is looking for an enthusiastic art director with outstanding conceptualization and hands-on design skills to join our growing creative team. Our portfolio of clients is all B2B but never short of variety. You’ll have an opportunity to work on projects spanning digital media, video, interface design, traditional print advertising and more. This is a great opportunity for a talented art director who’s equally comfortable with big ideas and small details, and who thrives as part of a close-knit, highly collaborative team.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of blended art direction and design experience in an agency setting
- 3+ years of experience developing creative solutions with writers and other strategic partners
- A knack for designing engaging, innovative content for B2B audiences
- Experience directing designers, writers and other creatives in executing connected print and digital campaigns
- Mastery of design fundamentals, including typography, composition and layout
- Proven aptitude for quick thinking with acute attention to detail while still meeting demanding deadlines
- Digital design expertise, with an understanding of UI / UX principles and video storyboarding
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Expert-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience with Sketch and prototyping tools such as InVision a plus
- Prior B2B experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Why you’ll love working here:
At The Mx Group, you’ll find we genuinely value and support each other — as people and as coworkers — as we produce award-winning work together. You aren’t likely to find another team so focused on collaboration and so dedicated to success.
We’re proud of the environment that we’ve nurtured, and because of that, we’re always looking for new ways to brighten up our team’s work day. We’re more into lunchtime board games than drama, and we don’t mind throwing in a chili cook-off or a bags tournament here and there. We’ll celebrate the start of Friday summer hours together, and enjoy a week off at the end of each year.
Plus, we offer a full benefits package, including gym membership reimbursement, paid parental leave, medical/dental/vision insurance and a 401(k) program. In short, you’re going to love coming to work.
A leading B2B agency, The Mx Group has consistently received awards both for our work and our company culture, and are ranked among the top 5 B2B agencies in the country by B2B Marketing. Located 20 minutes from downtown Chicago, The Mx Group empowers companies with the competitive edge of modern B2B marketing. To do this, we integrate a broad set of services: Strategy. Design and content. Web and app development. Demand gen and lead management. We make it all work together to help companies attract, engage and convert more customers. For 30 years, clients have trusted us to turn their marketing investments into measurable revenue.
The Mx Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. That means we not only provide equal opportunity and consideration to all employees and applicants for employment — we welcome it. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law, because we believe diversity drives us to deliver more valuable and meaningful experiences to clients and employees.