The Music Shoppe is seeking a fast learning, motivated, and hardworking individual to join our sales team.
About The Music Shoppe
The Music Shoppe specializes in service to music education, providing Central Illinois with high quality instruments and equipment, as well as sound gear, print music, and the largest instrument repair service in the area. Servicing over 300 schools in Central Illinois, our goal is to provide all musicians, from the student beginner to the seasoned player, with quality product, service, and experience.
- Degree in music or long-term experience.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Basic computer skills. We will train you on our industry-specific sales software, but familiarity with Gmail, Word, and Excel is recommended.
Qualities we look for:
- Being a good listener is a must. We aren’t here to make hard sells; we just help!
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively.
- Showing an eagerness to learn
- Listen to the needs of the customer, and make recommendations based on your expertise.
- Help guide families through our instrument rental programs, from explaining the features to filling out the paperwork.
- Continually evaluate products for quality; if you don’t recommend it, we shouldn’t sell it!
- Maintain product displays, whether that means restocking, dusting, organizing, tuning, or oiling.
- Occasionally staffing out-of-store events (primarily August/September, the “back to school” season)
- Full time - Must be available evenings until 7pm
- Full benefits package
- Employee discount on gear
- Pay is an hourly rate based on experience plus commission on sales.