Experienced Family Law Attorney
- Over a month ago
- $110,000 to $120,000 Yearly
District of Columbia Trial Attorney
The Murphy Law Firm is looking to add an experienced full-time Attorney licensed in the District of Columbia. We are innovative in every respect. Our firm focuses on family law. The Attorney will have primary responsibility for matters and will generally work collaboratively with the managing attorney in family, criminal, and personal injury matters. If you are interested in becoming more, both professionally and personally, this may be the right opportunity for you.
We have built our reputation of being personable, passionate, and persistent and we need an eager attorney who not only understands those pillars but wants to work hard to ensure that clients get through extremely emotional and tolling points in their lives with ease. We are dedicated to providing a friendly work environment, the right TEAM, staff support, and a positive atmosphere. We provide a fun, diversified, collegial culture while performing substantive and engaging work for our clients.
We value our Attorneys. We want you to succeed and have an amazing legal career! Our Attorneys carry a reasonably sized caseload, with the expectation that he or they will provide service that exceeds the client's expectations. We expect our Attorneys to focus on our motto of being: Personable, passionate & persistent! We need you happy-we like you happy- and will do our best to maintain your happiness on OUR TEAM!
NOTE: Please include a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the Mid-Level Associate Attorney position, your resume, a legal writing sample (not to exceed 10 pages), an unofficial copy of your law school transcript, and contact information for three references. Please research the Law Firm and Managing Partner prior to applying to this position.Compensation:
- The ideal candidate needs to have experience with a range of sensitive legal issues such as child abuse, child custody, and domestic violence
- Able to maintain composure, negotiate, and argue effectively even in emotional and high-stress situations
- Work closely with paralegals and senior partners to ensure swift action through the civil litigation process
- Keep client files properly organized and up to date
- Represent clients in court proceedings as needed
- Manage the division of marital assets, including real estate, during divorce proceedings when needed
- Advocate on behalf of clients by understanding their needs, effectively analyzing the situation, and forming a strategy for a plan of action
- Manage full case-handling responsibilities from inception through resolution
- Uphold a steady schedule of hearings, court appearances, and conferences
- Conduct legal research and prepare memoranda on issues relating to ongoing or potential cases
- Handle the division of marital assets, including real estate, during divorce proceedings as needed
- Ensure clients are effectively represented at court hearings as needed
- Appear in court professionally to represent clients
- Communicate with senior partners and paralegals to effectively move through the civil litigation process
- Develop a strategic approach and provide leadership and direction to paralegals and legal assistants
- Organize and maintain client files to ensure they are kept current
- Draft and review initial pleadings, motions, briefs, and other pleadings
- Prepare clients and cases for trial
- Advise staff on legal matters and interpret laws
- Interact with clients and work with experts
- Cultivate relationships with the firm's existing and future clients
- Must have at least 3 years of Family Law litigation experience - (non-negotiable)
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active license to practice in DC
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to value client service and teamwork by managing relationships, both internal and external
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Efficient time management
- Critical thinking
- Multitasking abilities
- Skilled in negotiation, and persuasion techniques
- Must be familiar with Google Drive and G-Suite products
- Must be able to think outside the box
- Initiative and Independence
- Criminal and/or Personal Injury law experience - highly desired
- MyCase (case management system) experience - highly desired
- Creative Problem Solving
The Murphy Law firm was acclaimed #15 out of 500 of the fastest-growing law firms in the country with 538% growth in 2022!
The Murphy Law Firm takes on primarily family law matters and estate planning. Our company's Motto is Passionate, Personable, and Persistent, we pride ourselves in being JUST THAT!
Angel Murphy, Esq. is the Founding and Managing Attorney of The Murphy Law Firm. As a licensed Maryland and District of Columbia attorney and passionate advocate, Angel and her Team take a personal approach to lawyering by devising a creative legal strategy for each client and for each case. Angel and her Team enjoy helping clients face and overcome their legal challenges. We identify with our clients and will work tirelessly to ensure that they are treated fairly in the courtroom and that their case gets the best possible outcome!
The Murphy Law Firm
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?