- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 Yearly
The Mountain Artists Guild seeks a dynamic and experienced leader to serve as Executive Director to advance the mission and vision of our organization.
Responsibilities: The Executive Director serves as the chief operating officer of the Guild, working closely with and reporting to, the President and the Board of Directors. The Executive Director directs and administers all programs, operations and policies in addition to supervising a professional staff and team of volunteers. This is a full time, salaried position which necessitates some nights and weekends.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
· Strategic Planning – develops and implements the organization’s Strategic Plan and Annual Fundraising Plan in conjunction with the Board.
· Program Development and Oversight – ensures the development and implementation of programs and services that are consistent with the organization’s mission and Strategic Plan and that meet the needs of constituents.
· Fund Development/Grant Oversight and Fiscal Management – together with the Board, develops and manages the fundraising and financial strategies of the organization; works with the Board Tresurer in maintaining an annual budget for approval by the Board; oversees the management of all funds, consistent with the organization’s accounting system.
· Staff Leadership and Management – motivates and develops the professional team and volunteers; hires, supervises and evaluates all staff; coordinates and supports the Board’s established committees.
· Community Relations – develops effective working relationships within the community (both within the arts community and elsewhere) to ensure that the Guild is positively represented in the community-at-large and for the constituency that the Guild serves.
· Advocacy – serves as the chief spokesperson for the Guild in the community; articulates and communicates the value of the arts in improving quality of life and community, and promotes the support of the Mission of the Guild.
· Conducts all business at the highest standard of integrity ensuring that all activities are legal and ethical.
· College graduate with at least 5 years management experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization, with significant experience in the arts or a related area; prior experience as President or Executive Director is preferred.
· Knowledge of the greater Prescott Area area arts community is a plus
· Proven record as a successful fundraiser including documented grant writing experience
· Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong time management, planning, organizational and analytical skills.
· Ability to positively motivate and develop staff, Board, and volunteers and build consensus around our Mission, Vision, and Values
· Ability to work collaboratively with people of all ethnic and gender groups, all ages and abilities, the Board, volunteers, and staff.
Compensation: Starting Salary $50,000 + $2,000 annual health stipend
Starting Date: Immediate
The Mountain Artists Guild, IncWhy Work Here?
Join an ever growing group of passionate, community service oriented individuals!
228 N. Alarcon StPrescott, AZ
EducationView all jobs at The Mountain Artists Guild, Inc