The Mother Load is a fast growing full-service Laundromat and laundry delivery company located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Our purpose is to care for our community through uncommon stewardship of laundry needs. We value character and work as if our guests and co-workers were watching. We believe every person matters, to our team and to our business, and we want each of them to have unexpected experiences when working with us. We are professionals who place a high importance on details, communication, and attitude. Finally, we value teamwork and strive to work and think out of a we over me mindset. In sum, we believe that each day is an opportunity to serve our community, every load of laundry matters, and each customer and co-worker has a story.
But specifically what do we do? We handle all things laundry, and offer three services:
- Laundromat: We are a laundromat where people can come and use our washers and dryers to clean their clothes (known to the public as Express Laundry Center).
- Wash-Dry-Fold: We offer a wash-dry-fold service that allows customers to drop their dirty laundry off for washing, drying, and folding at our facility and pick it up the next day (known to the public as Express Laundry Center).
- Delivery: We offer a delivery service that is the same as the wash-dry-fold service except we come to someone’s house, pickup their laundry, bring it back to our facility, process it, and then return it to their house the next day (known to the public as the Mother Load).
The Mother Load seeks to add an integral, new team member to our Charlottesville, VA store to help us imagine and realize our goal of “the dream Laundromat and Laundry Service.” This person could be someone who is excited to have a steady, well-paying job and to enjoy coming to work. This person could also be someone who is looking to learn more about entrepreneurship and is hungry to make their mark on a growing company. Finally, this person could be a student or full-time worker looking to pick up some extra hour elsewhere in an enjoyable setting. The Customer Care Coordinator will work 30 to 40 hours per week if full-time and 10 to 25 hours per week if part-time. S/he will assist in carrying out the daily operations of the company by wearing several different hats throughout the week. Working in both independent and team settings, this position will offer the opportunity to join a rewarding and challenging culture that fosters trust in each employee and will grow your interpersonal skills. You will get to model hospitality daily and have the chance to positively impact someone’s day on a regular basis. Other attractive features include pay and benefits above industry standards, customer tips, a flexible work schedule, free laundry once a week, the chance to increase pay and benefits with excellent performance, and the opportunity for promotion. S/he will report directly to the Operations Manager. We are looking to hire this person immediately and have them join our team as soon as possible.
The Customer Care Coordinator will be a high-energy, detailed-oriented, positive person with outstanding character and people skills who embraces and promotes the company vision while handling a wide range of duties– often at the same time:
· While working independently, provide excellent customer service to laundromat customers by welcoming them and assisting with their questions/issues, with particular attention to professional communication, details, and relationship-building;
· Complete the daily tasks of cleaning and store preparation, both in a team and independent setting, while also maintaining a pristine facility throughout the day;
· Manage cash register, including accurate processing of all financial transactions, incoming orders, and completed orders;
· Ensure the stewardship and quality of any washing, drying, and folding of customer orders in both independent and team settings;
· Answer the phone in a cheerful manner and respond appropriately to any inquiries;
· Successfully and safely pickup and deliver laundry orders when called upon;
· Assist Operations Manager / Owner as needed with special projects;
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
· A rich mix of educational, work, or life experience;
· Demonstrated record of increasing responsibility in work settings;
· Successful history of working independently;
· Mature and outstanding character;
· Great flexibility and teachability;
· Willingness to work in a complex, constantly-evolving company;
· Willingness to fill shifts in a time during a time of need and work at least 15 hours per week during the morning, afternoon, or evening of both weekdays and weekends;
· Exceptionally strong communication, relational, and collaborative skills;
· Willingness to engage in interpersonal conflict resolution and accountability;
· Excellent writing and reading skills;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Servant-hearted disposition toward a diverse group of customers;
· Commitment to a culture of service, values, collaboration, and fun;
· Absolute professionalism and accountability for responsibilities;
· High competence in Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite, G-Mail, and ability to pick up and navigate other technology quickly (SmartPhones, iPads, Apps, etc.);
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds;
· Have reliable form of transportation and communication.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Depending upon their base pay, hours, and tips, full-time employees will typically earn between $24,000 and $29,000 per year. Compensation will be hourly, between $12 and $14 per hour, plus tips, and include quarterly opportunities for raises. Your pay rate will be commensurate with your experience, qualifications, and performance during the interview process. Depending upon your work-status, the position will also include one week’s paid leave, some holidays, free laundry once per week, a $50 cost of living stipend with each paycheck, and occasional opportunities for overtime. Additionally, management regularly works to find unique ways to celebrate and to encourage employees through both financial and non-financial means.
Payday is the fifteenth and last days of the month. New team-members are subject to training pay ($1 less per hour than your base pay). Training typically lasts two months, but could be less or more depending on the individual's abilities.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to Josh Walden, Operations Manager. References will not be required until candidates reach the final stages of the interview process. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis, but priority will be given to those who apply first. Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.