- Expired: March 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Peoria Citizens Committee for Economic Opportunity, Inc. (PCCEO) is seeking an enterprising chief executive to build on our extraordinary record of promoting self-sufficiency and economic security in Peoria County Illinois. The successful candidate will be required to reside in Peoria.
PCCEO is a Community Action Agency organization. It was established in the belief that people with low incomes are in the best position to express what they need to make a difference in their lives. PCCEO engages with the community to assist the underserved, build personal networks and increase their skills so they’re able to move themselves and their families out of poverty. PCCEO has a commitment to life-long learning and serves as an agent for transformational change to help individuals and families improve their quality of life in Peoria County. Services include:
- Head Start (ages 3-5)
- Early Head Start (birth to 3)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
- Low Income Home Water Assistance (LIHWAP)
- IL Home Weatherization Assistance (IHWAP)
- Peoria Area Food Bank (serves three counties)
- Affordable Housing
- Community & Economic Development
- Emergency Services for Rent, Food and Lodging
- Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) – prescription drug assistance, bus passes, scholarship assistance, career advancement assistance
Since 1993, PCCEO’s overall operating budget has increased from $5 to $17 million dollars.
About the Position
The CEO will hold one of the most visible and important nonprofit leadership positions in Peoria, Illinois. Advancing the PCCEO mission will result in the systemic improvement in the quality of life of our residents. The CEO reports to our Board of Directors, a dedicated group of leaders committed to furthering the mission and providing a strong organizational foundation for our team. The CEO will oversee a strong management and administrative team.
The chief executive provides leadership to the organization and oversees its day-to-day affairs. A high-level overview of core responsibilities includes:
- Strategic vision and leadership: Collaborate with our Board to initiate and implement strategic direction while ensuring that budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with PCCEO’s core mission
- Resource development: Ensure that revenue from federal, state and local partners is secured to address present needs. Maintain and expand the fundraising program for gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Program development and oversight: Under the framework of a strategic plan, and in collaboration with community partners, oversee the maintenance of strong current programs and the creation of new community-based programs.
- Culture and infrastructure: Foster an organization that is inclusive, diverse and open to all people. This will include creating a positive collaborative team environment to recruit, develop and retain talented executive and management staff.
Qualifications and Requirements
Qualifications and requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Passion for promoting self-sufficiency and economic security for the underserved residents in Peoria County.
- At least 5 years of nonprofit experience with increasing management responsibilities. Previous Community Action agency experience is a plus.
- Ability to build strong collaborative teams and actively engage with staff. Demonstrated appreciation for staff, solicitation/incorporation of their input, and a positive working environment.
- Sound and pragmatic managerial ability. An astute manager who can set clear priorities, delegate, solve problems and make timely decisions.
- Strategic thinking and vision. The vision and strategic thinking to perceive opportunities for growth and improve the efficiency, quality and costs of PCCEO services.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage conflict and adversity.
- Change agent - effective leadership with the ability to “bring others along.” Can motivate and influence individuals and groups.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills. The experience and natural ability to be an articulate spokesperson, relationship builder and organization champion.
- Excellent coalition building skills and previous success in establishing partnerships with individuals and organizations of influence, including civic leaders, state, federal and local officials, nonprofit agencies and for-profit entities.
- Active fundraising experience, an understanding of nonprofit fundraising strategies, and major donor relations.
- Experience and skill in working with a board of directors.
The PCCEO does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, basic life, short term and long-term disability, employee assistance and a 403b retirement plan.
The search for the President/CEO is being conducted by The Moran Company.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to Bill Moran, The Moran Company. Resume should include all dates of professional employment (month and year), position/title, and organization names. APPLY NOW
The Moran Company
BusinessView all jobs at The Moran Company