DOES YOUR COMPANY OFFER 4-DAY ONLY WORK WEEKS? Join The Monfiston Firm Team so every weekend is a 3-day weekend!
The Monfiston Firm, P.A. is excited to announce the expansion of our Downtown Miami office. We are a Plaintiff’s Property Insurance Litigation Firm seeking a hardworking and full-time Entry Level Paralegal for an immediate start.
IF YOU MEET ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW, PLEASE APPLY BY SUBMITTING YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER, WRITING SAMPLE(IF APPLICABLE), AND TRANSCRIPT (IF APPLICABLE) TO RESUME AT MONFISTONLAW.COM. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF ALL THE REQUESTED INFORMATION IS NOT PROVIDED AND/OR YOU DO NOT MEET ALL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
STARTING BASE SALARY RANGE: $30,000-$35,000, Salary to commensurate with legal experience.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 1-2 YEARS
The successful candidate will be a part of The Monfiston Firm, P.A. Legal Team, providing administrative assistance to all the lawyers on the team, and assist with company secretarial matters. The Paralegal will assist the lawyers in The Monfiston Firm, P.A. legal team with their day to day functions and provide administrative support to the legal team where required. We are looking for someone with a well-developed understanding of relevant legal systems and processes, the ability to anticipate the needs of attorneys, clients, and vendors in a busy and varied practice, and strong communication and client liaison skills. If you are a dynamic self-starter who wants to be part of a successful team, we want to hear from you.
Candidate should also have strong familiarity with E-filing as well as attorney support.
As the Paralegal, you will provide legal secretarial and administrative support to the Legal Practice, including:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with legal corporate initiatives, company secretarial matters, and provide general administrative support to the legal function.
· Develop and maintain data bases for the relevant legal processes (such as claims, company secretarial matters, insurance matters and litigation related matters).
· Develop sample requests and guidance notes to assist the business.
· Proficient in usage of the Florida e-filing portal.
· Preparation of exhibits, and correspondence; drafting pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses from opposing counsel.
· Helps clients by initiating and maintaining contact; providing case documents; preparing clients to answer discovery; keeping clients informed of case status.
· Accomplishes law firm mission by completing related results as needed.
· Organizes cases by establishing and organizing files; establishing calendars; expediting requirements and deadlines; documenting actions.
· Scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel's scheduling requests; coordinating hearing and depositions and processing of service and receipt of pleadings, and correspondence (e-service and physical), and use of the e-filing portal.
· Scheduling mediation conferences and hearings; drafting pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses from opposing counsel; initiating and maintaining contact with adjusters and opposing counsel.
· Managing client intake, case-tracking and client support.
· Drafting correspondence and court documents and providing general litigation support.
· Developing and managing workflow and file management systems.
· Organizes cases by establishing and organizing files.
· Coordinate the saving of documents.
· Opening and processing of new case files with associated documentation and calendaring of initial deadlines.
· Assist with coordinating events, depositions and hearings.
· Gathers data and information for projects of moderate scope.
· Maintains calendars for assigned attorneys and ensures no scheduling conflicts; schedules and arranges high volume of meetings, conference calls, conferences, and travel.
· Drafts and edits correspondence, reports, presentations, forms, and other legal documents including, pleadings, discovery, legal responses, notices, affidavits, correspondence, claims, complaints, reports, and presentations using thorough knowledge of legal terminology, practices, forms, and the legal system.
· Serves as a knowledge manager for data, correspondence, matter files, reports, and other documentation associated with legal matters handled by attorneys.
· Receives general instructions from attorney supervisor, and other attorneys.
· Miscellaneous office duties.
· Bi-Lingual (Spanish Speaking) Highly Preferred.
· Associates Degree or equivalent experience educational and/or work experience.
· Must be proficient in E-Filing.
· To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the abilities or aptitudes to proficiently perform each of the responsibilities and accountabilities described above, with or without reasonable accommodation. Examples include: ability to work well under pressure, patience, diplomacy, high stress tolerance, excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changing conditions.
· 1-2 years of experience in law office handling document preparation
· High level of proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and required.
· Excellent spreadsheet skills.
· Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
· Excellent telephone, writing, and proofreading skills.
· Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
· Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently.
· High level of client service.
· 1-2 years experience in an administrative capacity with experience in administrative support, scheduling, proof reading of documents, and maintaining administrative databases.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
· Thorough- attention to detail.
· Ability to meet strict deadlines.
· Strong on administration related duties.
· Accurate typing and word processing skills
· Spelling, punctuation and use of grammar must be of high quality.
· Must have strong organizational skills, exercise attention to detail and exhibit exceptional verbal communication and listening skills.
.Legal training required.
· Insurance Litigation Background
. Paralegal Certificate
· Strong Computer Proficiency
· Exercises judgment and applies skills to fully analyze issues and problems.
· Confidentiality and Dependability
· Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and legal administrative skills