Vice President, Talent Acquisition (Education Background Preferred)
The Mom Project Chicago, IL
- Posted: 14 days ago
Who They Are
Our client is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to the classroom!
What They Offer
- Competitive Compensation Offering
- Unlimited PTO & 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Strong High-Performance Based Culture with High Growth Potential
- Team Focused Culture – Team Events, Outings, Happy Hours & Recognition
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental & Vision / 401k Plan
- Our Team of Elevaters are: Problem Solvers, Passionate, Motivated, Thirsty for Knowledge & Mission Driven
What You Will Be Doing – Vice President, Talent Acquisition
The Vice President of Teacher Talent Acquisition, reporting to the COO, is responsible for overseeing the design and execution of recruitment strategies to attract, evaluate and hire our core product -- teachers. The ideal candidate is solutions oriented with a growth mindset and will drive initiatives for volume hiring of high quality teaching resources. This will include creating and defining sourcing strategy, developing processes for better operational efficiency, and creating KPIs and reporting to ensure optimal time to fill and quality of hire metrics. This role will be responsible for turning sales forecasts into hiring forecasts, measuring and reporting on weekly and monthly pipeline and hiring by subject area and ensuring targets are met. They will provide strategies and plans to avoid any risks and shortfalls in hiring needs. They will ensure that they have full time and contract staffing resources in place to support the company's hiring needs.
This key leader will work to develop creative and new pipeline strategies for the top of the funnel and will develop, analyze, implement and AB test strategies to attract talent based on messaging and EVP. In other words, they will be accountable for recruitment marketing of all educational staff.
They have an incredible mission, team and brand, and they're getting better every day. We have achieved an extraordinary product/market fit and have entered an exponential growth stage of the company. If all of this sounds exciting to you – We want to hear from you!
- Develop new programs and partnerships for pipelining teaching resources (eg. university partners, corporate partners, career changing pathways)
- Develop recruitment marketing strategies that can be measured and tested to create a strategy for inbound candidate flow
- Create social media campaigns and messaging that attract for hiring and overall EVP branding for our teachers
- Own all forecasting of hiring and the resource needs associated with that to correlate to operational and sales forecasts across the organization.
- Provide direction and ideas to the management team on strategy and emerging talent trends in the market
- Manage employer branding, teacher value proposition, job site optimization, and innovative candidate sourcing strategies
- Provide reports and metrics in support of the organization's educational talent acquisition initiatives, including the ROI of programs on differentiated sourcing strategies as well as branding and recruitment marketing strategies
- Act as a strong partner to operational and academics team leaders to provide strategy and execution on talent acquisition strategies and challenges
- Develop effective working relationships with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting strategies are in place to attract diverse candidates
- Lead a team of full time and flex educational recruiters to ensure hiring targets are met
Who You Are – Senior Vice President, People
- 15+ years of talent acquisition and management experience, particularly building a high functioning talent acquisition system for a high growth company
- 3+ years of experience devising and leading talent strategy in a fast-growth environment at the Director or above level
- BS, BA (or equivalent) - MBA/advanced degree is a plus
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills and thorough attention to detail
- Proven success building recruiting and talent acquisition programs with detailed reporting metrics that illustrate and document the team's capabilities and accomplishments
- A passion for retaining and developing a best in class team of recruiters
- Experience creating a strong employment brand leveraging social media, marketing and other platforms
- Experience and proficiency in project and change management
- Possess strong business acumen and experience working with and recommending creative recruitment tools, technologies and platforms to enhance process efficiencies
- Strong experience in workforce planning, forecasting and developing, while ensuring appropriate resource plans for the recruiting function
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
Why Join Their Story
They are tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Their organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. They are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Their teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive them toward their mission. They are in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
They are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
BusinessView all jobs at The Mom Project