Company Industry: Retail
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a UX Designer
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through December 2020
Our Customer is an American worldwide clothing and accessories retailer, founded in 1969. Over the last 50 years, the company has grown from a single store to a global fashion business with seven brands. Their clothes are available in 90 countries worldwide through over 3,100 company-operated stores, almost 400 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites and is still growing.
We are seeking a UX Designer on a contract basis who will be an integral part of the success and growth of the Omnichannel experience and evolve our Customer’s digital experiences from the ground up. We are looking to add a broad-thinking, experienced Visual Designer to our team. With a range of interesting design and technology challenges that cross the boundaries of online and in-store.
What You’ll Do:
• Assigned to the Design System Team, co-own Stitch, our Design System, along with the Design System Lead, the UX Creative Director, Front End Developers, and brand partners.
• Participate in conversations starting in early concept development, providing input on components as they are being developed and helping to form the nuances of the final design and implementation.
• Produce thorough explorations of possible system solutions to complex content and interaction problems on the e-commerce platform and with the brand marketing and content teams.
• Champion solutions that are intuitive, powerful and delightful
• Expand the existing Design System based on business and user needs and co-own the education, governance and evangelism of the system.
• Work collaboratively with interaction design, product management, user research, engineering, and brand creative partners
• Pair daily, in person, if possible, with the Design System Developers on experiments, strategy, governance, and implementation details.
• Eloquently communicate design decisions to stakeholders of all levels
• Advocate for the user as much as for the business
• Serve as a trusted advisor to the individual brand teams, maintaining a two-way conversation by helping them improve the usability of their site content while also constantly discussing brand infusion into our core experiences
• 7 years' total experience
• An online portfolio which demonstrates a minimum of 5 years’ experience designing engaging user experiences for the desktop, mobile, and any other digital experience
• Fluency in visual design and interaction principles and ability to sweat the details
• Experience designing for eCommerce or SaaS (web and native a plus)
• Hands-on experience designing responsive sites
• Knowledge of the software development process and ability to communicate well with software development teams
• Nimble, self-driven and balance multiple projects with aggressive development cycles
• Experience with the following tools: Sketch, Invision, Axure, Adobe CS, GitHub, other prototyping tools
Education: BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, User Experience, Human Factors or related field
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This position is located onsite at our Customer’s San Francisco office.
There is no remote capability for this role.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.