Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Software Engineer, iOS
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through August 2021
Our Customer is an American business and financial software company that develops and sells financial, accounting, and tax preparation software and related services for small businesses, accountants, and individuals. They are laser-focused on their customers, live and breathe innovation, and champion those who dare to dream. Their Mission is powering prosperity around the world. They do it by attracting the world’s top talent, bringing vital partners into their global platform, and leaving the world a better place through exceptional corporate citizenship.
We are seeking a Software Engineer, iOS on a contract basis to support our Customer’s business needs.
What you’ll do:
• Designs and develops Android mobile applications and modules.
• Performs coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process.
• Come join the QuickBooks Mobile team as a Senior Android Mobile Engineer.
• The team has an exciting charter of changing the way Intuit customers capture and process documents (Invoice/Mileage Tracking/Expense/Tax Form/Receipts/Estimate/etc.) using their mobile camera’s.
• The team has built a common component that is integrated with multiple Intuit Mobile apps with millions of customers.
• You will be working with a team that works on Android mobile programming, Java, Kotlin to understand the document in front of the camera and creates delightful experiences.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Build delightful experiences to capture documents, preview images, and review the extracted data
• Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
• Designing/developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s)
• Deep customer empathy and ability to quickly translate insights into mockups, wireframes, and working proof-of-concept code
• Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
• Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
• Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
• Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
• Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
• Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
• Resolve defects/bugs/crashes, debug memory problems, integration issues during QA testing and after the product release
• 3-5+ years of experience developing mobile applications in iOS Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
• Experience with UIKit, Swift, ObjectiveC
• An understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• An understanding of unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD) "Self-starter"" attitude and ability to make decisions independently
• Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems
• Strong desire to learn and grow
• Excellent problem-solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with Amazon AWS or similar cloud platform is a plus
• Required Skills: iOS, Swift, ObjectiveC, Cocoapods, consume REST API
Education: BS, MS in computer science or equivalent experience
Hours & Location:
Standard M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Mountain View, CA location once it is deemed safe to do so.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program
The Mom ProjectThe Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.