Company Industry: Financial Services
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Social Media Manager, Employee Communications
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site, contract through March 2020
Our Customer is an independent investment management firm dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. They manage $1,198.7 billion in assets on behalf of clients worldwide with the help of over 8,000 highly engaged and motivated employees focused on client needs. They actively encourage their people to collaborate to find the best ideas and solutions for clients, leveraging the tremendous diversity of thought that exists across their global organization.
We are seeking an experienced and talented senior-level Internal Communications Consultant who will play an integral role on our Customer’s highly collaborative global corporate communications team. There is high potential for this contract role to convert to a permanent FTE hire for the right individual!
What you’ll do:
1.) Internal communications management, planning and execution:
The position will serve as a consultant to internal business partners to develop communications plans, strategies and execute on the tactics to meet business objectives. The effectiveness of these communications plans and deliverables will be measured based on their ability to help engage, inform and connect employees with the messages. Examples include:
• Partnering with Investor Relations to post monthly AUM and quarterly earnings internally and externally
• Supporting our Customer’s digital wealth business function with internal articles, videos, town halls, etc.
• Create and manage communications campaigns using a variety of channels including events, email, intranet posts, video, internal and external social media.
2.) Social media and employer brand communications:
A significant part of the role is to elevate employee engagement in support of our Customer’s Purpose, their employer brand and to increase connectivity between their employees and senior leaders on their internal (Yammer) and external corporate social media handles on LinkedIn and Glassdoor.
• Manage the social media editorial calendar
• Develop engaging content through the use of digital storytelling on internal and external social media platforms (utilizing infographics, video, written content and photos).
• Lead the social media council, which represents social media managers from across the firm’s regional geographies.
• Develop blog posts on behalf of our Customer’s senior leaders.
• Create monthly social media engagement reports using Google Analytics, other listening tools and metrics. Analyze and interpret this data to continuously improve their social media content strategy.
What you'll have:
• 7+ years of corporate communications experience with a focus on social media content, listening and analytics
• Strong understanding of asset management or financial services industry is a huge plus
• BA degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field. Master’s degree is preferred
• Strong relationship building and influencing skills, especially with senior leaders and a strong client service orientation
• A team player who believes in the power of collaborative work and can actively participate as an integral part of an action-oriented decision-making team
• Excellent communications planning and strategy experience and ability to execute on complex plans through strong project and timeline management. Ability to work across teams to execute a communications plan. Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytic and communications measurement skills such as using Google analytics, SocialStudio, PowerBI and other communications measurement and analytics platforms.
• Experience in using content management systems to publish to SharePoint-based intranets, email campaign systems and the ability to publish to social media using social publishing software.
• Graphic design experience including some proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Hours & Location
M-F, 40 hours/week. This position is located onsite at our Customer’s beautiful Midtown office. There is no remote capability for this position.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.