Senior Technical Program Manager (100% Remote, Must work EST hours) - Remote
The Mom Project Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our customer builds enterprise-level data capture and automatic identification solutions that provide businesses with operational visibility. They empower those on the front line in retail, healthcare, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, and other industries to achieve a performance edge - an edge that translates to delighted customers, good patient outcomes and superior business results.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager on a contract basis who is very customer-focused and has a passion for driving the end-to-end development of solutions that exceed expectations. A leader that operates across all levels of the company and can drive critical initiatives as well as product development in realizing our company’s vision. As a technical and solutions program manager, you will lead a cross-functional team of Systems and SW Engineers, Test Engineers, Operations, etc. from initial concept to deployment. You are challenged to meet program goals for product performance, quality goals, regulatory compliance requirements, cost, schedule, and development budget. You are also responsible for working with Product Management, Marketing, and Experience Designers to define the product, solidify the business case, and author the product and experience specifications. Given our multitude of design and development partners, you will participate with negotiations involving Business Development and Legal.
Your track record must include experience in multi-disciplinary team leadership, collaborating with solution architects and system engineers in product definition and comprehension, deep knowledge of Agile practices in the development and execution of program plans, program budget definition and management, management of vendor and contract management, and product deployment. Our Technical Program Managers are experienced and comfortable operating at all levels of the organization. Proficiency in operating across the organization both vertically and horizontally is a key requirement.
You must have a strong desire, passion, and ability to understand consumer needs and a willingness to develop complete product solutions that delight our customers and exceed their expectations.
What You’ll Do:
● Drive execution of solutions inclusive of requirements validation, architecture specification, and governance compliance to our enterprise experience framework and know and understand competitive landscape in both product and business terms.
● Team leadership for scaled Agile cross functional innovation teams. Contribute to and promote the development of agile skillset and capabilities within Zebra. Execute multiple programs simultaneously utilizing modern project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
● Coordinate, present, and document technical and program reviews/status to Senior Management.
● Execute to program plan and budgets for multiple, large projects. Recommend corrective actions and implement changes. Identify and mitigate risks; develop and implement risk mitigation plans.
● Motivate a project team to ensure solutions are reliable and of quality, in a highly collaborative fashion
● Define critical initiatives to align the business to agile product development. Work closely with Portfolio Management to ensure strategic goals align and are represented in the innovation feature roadmap. Assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
● Initiate strategic partnerships with technology companies (including startups) that are developing adjacent new cutting-edge solution elements. Partner with Zebra Ventures to identify entities that are added value to your business and solutions.
● Develop and protect intellectual property; be proficient with IP fundamentals.
● 8+ years program management experience
● Experience with software development best practices including Scaled Agile and Continuous Integration; a track record of applying these methodologies required
● Intermediate to advanced presentation skills required. Demonstrated comfort in presenting to mid to senior level cross functional audiences
● PMP certification / Agile SAFe Certification
● Experienced team builder with proven interpersonal skills
● Past responsibility for multiple significant delivered-to-market solutions in asset intelligence (Location Services, Machine Learning, Machine Vision).
● Experience with Cloud development and Software/Services development integration, as well as mobile application development for Android or iOS.
● Experience working independently and as part of a team to solve difficult technical, quality, cost, and schedule challenges; well versed in risk management practices
● Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical field required. Master's degree preferred
Hours & Location:
Standard M-F, 40 hours/week. This position will be 100% remote, candidate must work EST hours.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
TechnologyView all jobs at The Mom Project