Senior Software Engineer, Backend (New York or San Francisco)
The Mom Project New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mom Project is excited to partner with our client, Instabase, located in NYC, SF, and Menlo Park, CA! They are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join their team.
They're passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. They've built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications. Today, they are partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, they would love to hear from you!
Their Engineering Team architects the underlying operating system, core services, platform infrastructure, dev toolkits, core algorithms, machine learning models, packaged end-user apps, and app store marketplace. The engineers are excited to solve hard problems for complex organizations and are self-starters from day one.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing our platform and tools for document understanding. You’ll work on the applications used by our customers and internal application engineers to solve complex structured data extraction problems. This will involve work across a variety of disciplines from backend web application development to hosting and deploying machine learning models to developing a language and execution engine around structured data extraction. You’ll work closely with algorithm and machine learning engineers to integrate algorithms into our document understanding platform.
Our backend systems are written primarily in Python and deployed using Docker and Kubernetes on cloud services.
What you'll do:
- You will architect and implement complex technical projects for document extraction
- You will work closely with frontend engineers on the team to provide the backend APIs required for our applications
- You will work closely with other engineers to understand and rapidly test state-of-the-art algorithms for document understanding
- You will help develop engineering best practices from code architecture to testing
This role requires knowledge in the following:
- BS in CS or equivalent field of study preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience as a software engineer
- Experience architecting backend software systems
- Experience with machine learning systems or data pipelines is a plus
- Web fundamentals: APIs, REST, servers
Perks and Benefits:
- In addition to salary, they offer cash bonus and generous equity packages
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- 401k and matching
- Food, WiFi, and Cell Phone stipend
They are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. They also complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at The Mom Project