Senior Business Analyst/Consultant
The Mom Project Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mom Project is excited to partner with our client, a Consulting Firm based in Chicago, IL!
**The salary range for this role is $135,000 to $185,000 and will commensurate with experience.**
Get to know our client—An innovative approach to business consulting
As a woman-owned and operated firm, this company originated in 2002 in response to a market demand for high-quality business consulting services that could understand and navigate the complexities of large organizations, and apply real-word, first-hand experience by rolling up their sleeves to analyze and implement practical solutions. In other words, they do the work.
- Their team’s impact on their client’s business begins with their diverse depth of backgrounds and experience, as well as their proven business acumen in a variety of fields industries and functions. Every member of their highly collaborative team staff brings more than 5 years of real-world experience across a range of industries, offering multi-disciplinary expertise in business integration, finance, data analytics, IT and human resources. They are not “career consultants,” but a staff of highly collaborative professionals with a unique blend of real-world expertise in Finance & Accounting, Data Analytics, Human Resources and Information Technology. Their difference is their people and practical approach to help clients.
Flexible Work Environment
- With the founding of the firm 19 years ago, they have also been a leader in providing a flexible work environment for all of its employees (both full and part-time), which is inherent to their vibrant culture and commitment to their greatest asset; their amazing team! They offer remote/hybrid and on-site roles. As a result, they have been rewarded by very strong loyalty of their staff and high employee retention year after year.
Impact for their Clients and in their community
- They also believes they must not only do good for clients, but they must also do good in the community. By using their time, talents and resources strategically, philanthropy is deeply embedded within their mission and every action. What started as the CEO's personal mission decades ago has been welcomed and embraced as a core value as a commitment to Social Impact. Treated with the same hands-on approach they use each day as professionals, our philanthropic work is a fundamental part of who they are and why they pride themselves on being part of the team.
Proven Commitment to a Diverse, Equitable and Inclusive Workplace
- To lead by example, the company is a market leader as a founding member of the YWCA’s Racial Justice League. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are core to who they are and how they work. They hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of welcome and belonging. They constantly strides to create an environment where people feel, and are valued, for who they are, have a sense of belonging, and are inspired to contribute their personal best in every encounter. The company is committed to holding the strategy, policies and accountability in place to build and sustain a diverse workforce, equitable processes and systems, and an inclusive environment.
Now that you know about their unique approach to consulting, here is more info on their current career opportunities:
A Business Analyst is responsible for understanding and assessing the changing needs of the client’s business, analyzing the impacts of change, document and support communication between relevant groups and stakeholders, and facilitating the critical steps to a successful change. BA responsibilities include:
- Serve as liaisons between groups or departments (both business/functional and technical) to help support and translate needs across business units and functions
- Prioritize requirements from various stakeholders
- Document end-to-end processes
- Communicate, translate, and validate business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders
- Analyze process gaps and define solutions to help the client achieve its goals
- Identify roles impacted to help develop a change management/training plan
- Forward-thinking and resourceful to ensure that recommendations are actionable and viable for the client’s needs
- Be a creative problem-solver
- People skills, with the ability to engage diplomatically with stakeholders and communicate changes that may not be aligned with the original expectations
Additional BA duties and responsibilities include:
- Execute a hybrid of business consulting coupled with hands-on subject matter experience with implementation of deliverables
- Strong commitment to support and contribute to a positive, innovative work environment to foster creativity, productivity and fun.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Be committed to excellence
- Engage as an integral part of the client’s team
- Work as a collaborative partner with clients
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Coach/mentor other staff for professional development
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exhibit a strong commitment to professionalism and a consistently high standard of business ethics.
Skills & Competencies Required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, IT, Data Analytics and/or Organizational Design; advanced degree preferred but not required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Processes--Ability to analyze and end-to-end processes
- Systems—User and/or Implementation experience with various tools and systems (e.g. Workday, Tableau, Oracle, Power BI, etc.)
- Industry experience preferred (financial services, healthcare, real estate, high tech, higher education)
- Proven experience with one of more of the various CTS Impact business integration service offerings
- Process improvement and change management
- Business transformation
- Software selection, design & implementation
- Data analytics
- Merger & acquisition integration
- Compliance/internal audit
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and prioritization skills
- Exposure to Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
- Successfully work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Willingness and ability to roll up one’s sleeves to assist with detail issues, when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to achieve results while remaining committed to providing exceptional client service
- Enjoy working with other high-performing professionals who are passionate about our work
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
BusinessView all jobs at The Mom Project