Company Industry: Technology
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Senior Accountant
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, on-site
The Mom Project is excited to partner with an innovative tech end electronics manufacturing company in the San Francisco area. They are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their growing team.
The client is in the heart of San Francisco and merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. They make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
The salary range for this role is $85,000-105,000 based on experience.
They are looking for an individual who is excited by the opportunity to improve the accounting close process and help take their accounting function to the next level.
The areas of responsibilities for this role include general corporate accounting responsibilities (i.e. owning balance sheet reconciliations and accruals), in addition to enhancing day-to-day and accounting close processes, payroll and employee stock compensation administration.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are detail-oriented with a passion for Excel and numbers, then read on. You will be instrumental in the development, implementation, and maintenance of company policies and will continually drive improvements in process and automation t as the client scales for rapid growth. You are a team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new concepts.
● Manage, monitor, and review the month-end close cycle, and generate financial
statements in accordance with GAAP and corporate accounting policies.
● Prepare detailed account analysis, balance sheet reconciliations for General Ledger
accounts, COGS reconciliation and cost proof for month-end financial review.
● Analyze and validate the cost of goods sold (and deferred cost of goods sold) as part of
the month-end close
● Perform standard cost review on a quarterly basis and work with Operations to review
changes and impacts on overheads and other components of cost
● Participate in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial closing process,
preparing journal entries, balance sheet, and income statement account reconciliations
● Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, trend and account analysis for
● Assist in administering current controls and processes, and make recommendations for
process improvement projects and ensure compliance with all internal processes
● Prepare Balance Sheet and P&L fluctuation analyses
● Preparing and processing multi-state, semi-monthly (or bi-weekly) payroll within
● Analyze and audit internal controls and reconciliations to ensure accuracy in payroll
● Partner with People Ops Manager to implement system improvements according to
organization goals, policies and procedures, and new laws and regulations
● Provide assistance with the maintenance and upgrades of the Payroll, ADP Portal and
Time & Attendance Systems
● Assist in the reconciliation of the month-end close and quarterly, annual and year-end
● Ensuring all payroll tax reporting is completed including the processing of end-of-year tax
forms (ie: w2s, w2C)
● Maintaining and reconciling the Cap Table as part of the monthly close process
● Processing and record-keeping of option grants, option exercises,
cancellations/terminations, transfer agreements, etc.
● Maintaining Carta system updates (i.e. employee and shareholder data, such as address
● Ensuring all stock comp income and/or tax reporting is completed including processing
of end-of-year tax forms (ie: IRS Form 3921 - ISO exercises, NSO income/taxes on w2s,
consultant NSO income on IRS Form 1099-MISC)
● Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (preferred) or equivalent combination of education and
experience, CPA or CMA is a plus.
● 6-8 years experience in corporate accounting, payroll and stock administration
● Stock admin experience and/or knowledge is a must
● Hands-on experience using payroll or stock admin system desired (ADP, WFN, and
● Ability to be self-motivated and work independently and/or as part of a team
● Outstanding attention-to-detail, accuracy, and organization
● Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously
● Critical thinking and strong prioritization skills
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to show discretion with confidential information
● Flexible Vacation - They understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to
manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open
● Generous Benefits - They value healthy and happy employees. They offer a 401(k) and
cover 100% of employee’s premium for their competitive base health, dental, and vision
● Parental Leave - They know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition
to your family. They offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
● Snacks & Weekly Lunches - They offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide
lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
● San Francisco Office Location - They offer a convenient location with access to Muni,
BART and the freeway.
● Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, they want to help! They offer all salaried
and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
● Transparent and Social Culture - They have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so their employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.