The Mom Project Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Customer is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer whose purpose is to enrich lives through technology. They do that by leveraging their unique combination of tech expertise and human touch to meet their customers’ everyday needs; whether they come to us online, visit stores or invite us into their homes. They have more than 1,000 stores and about 100,000 employees in the United States and Canada.
We are seeking a QA Analyst on a contract basis. You will be responsible for generating, maintaining, and executing quality test cases and test scripts focused on enhancing the performance and quality of various digital applications.
What you'll do:
- Ensure the quality of all digital products by performing functional, design, copy, accessibility, cross-platform, data integration, and regression testing.
- Work with the Technical Project Manager, Project Manager, and QA Lead to verify all customer and business requirements and participate in sprint planning and feedback for all product releases.
- Validate and troubleshoot reported bugs and clearly communicate problems and severity to appropriate development personnel.
- Validate the full list of business rules and/or functional specifications documentation against the application being tested.
- Document defects/issues in JIRA, including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate.
- Create test plans and manage and process bug reports per project.
- Provide estimates for small or large projects including the level of testing effort and hours required.
- Interpret and convert feedback from non-technical staff and customer service groups into actionable items for the development team.
- Attend project stand-ups and QA team check-ins to provide status updates on projects.
- Maintain working relationships with people in a wide variety of functional areas.
- Along with the DevOps team, help in the addition and continuation of automated tools into the continuous building process system.
- Stay abreast of new browsers and technologies.
- 5+ years experience in web development and mobile QA role.
- Prior defect trending and triage experience
- Exposure to multi-platform and hardware device testing
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress, and high-productivity environment
- Able to manage conflicting priorities effectively, including task prioritization and multitasking to manage daily workload
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, tenacity, and strong organizational skills
- Knowledgeable about trends for new embedded hardware solutions, mobile devices, and/or other digital applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact with technical, business, editorial, and customer service groups
- Strong interest in Bluetooth and end-user applications, with an investigative drive to discover the underlying causes of technical problems
- Exposure to database-based applications, including some basic SQL queries, is a plus
- Familiarity with automated QA testing tools is a plus
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and testing techniques
- Able to adapt to changes in product development as well as the flexibility to work outside of normal business hours to meet testing needs.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and at least 5 years of experience.
Hours & Location:
M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Seattle, WA office once it is determined safe to do so.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
TechnologyView all jobs at The Mom Project