Program Manager/Engineering Planner (100% remote to start; Relo to Redmond, WA post Covid)
The Mom Project Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Program Manager/Engineering Planner on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. The candidate will be a critical member of the Prototype Build Team working in partnership with and support the Display Hardware team. The team is responsible for the design and build of advanced concepts and prototypes of head-mounted displays. As the Planner and Program Manager, the candidate will assess the incoming requests, triage, plan the workflow and manage the projects from beginning to end.
** This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Redmond, WA office once it is determined safe to do so.
What You’ll Do:
- Put in place an intake process for new requests using a trackable system.
- Work with the department manager and the requestors to determine and align on prioritization.
- Put a robust planning process in place for organizing workflow that includes detailed planning for every phase: a) design, b) generating specs documents/drawings, c) ordering off-the-shelf materials, d) internal or external build.
- Manage the execution of the plans through assigning tasks, tracking, communicating, and reporting to management the progress.
- Lead the effort in organizing and managing the ‘systems’ for the part and project tracking
- Coordinate all Projects timelines
- Manage work of contractors as needed.
- Coordinate outsourcing of parts and services for builds when necessary
- Recommend processes to improve quality of work and efficiency
- Manage deadlines with suppliers and internal teams
- Utilize your understanding of the production, prototyping, and fabrication process and the time, cost, and quality tradeoffs to support the function and growth of the team.
- Project management experience. Certified Project Management preferred.
- Highly organized and flexible to changing scope and project priority changed
- Demonstrable experience in a prior role of similar work scope and environment,
- Knowledgeable in the use of task systems.
- Open mindset and eager attitude to solve problems
- An understanding of production, prototyping, and fabrication process and the time, cost, and quality tradeoffs
- Needs to be flexible to a working hours and daily project changes
- The ability to learn, think creatively, solve problems, and work smart.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills are necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, business administration, or a related field.
- PMI or PMP certification preferred.
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Customer’s Redmond, WA office once it is determined safe to do so.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.
BusinessView all jobs at The Mom Project