Company Industry: Pharma & Biotech
Opportunity: The Mom Project is helping to source candidates for the above client who is looking for a Program Manager (PMO)- Life Sciences
Commitment Level: 40 hours per week, 100% remote, contract through August 2021
Our Client, a global leader in serving science through innovative technologies, products and services is looking to identify a Program Manager with the ability to work remotely.
It is required that candidates have Life Sciences experience, working in a PMO.
Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
The Program Manager role will include responsibility for leading product development teams through our client's best practice stage-gate Product Commercialization Process (PCP). The Program Manager will ensure the teams follow product development/program management best practices, adhere to specific regulatory requirements (as needed), ensure design control standards are met, and will drive program budget adherence and overall project execution.
The Program Manager will oversee the various functions with the goal of ensuring that all software projects are completed on time and within budget from project initiation through to commercialization.
The Program Manager will interface with all members of the Leadership team to ensure escalations and risks are raised and resolved promptly. They will also interface with Product Management Leadership to ensure correct project prioritization and with R&D Leadership to ensure appropriate resource allocation.
The Program Manager will personally lead the most strategic NPDI project and will serve as the central point of contact for status and KPI reporting on all the full portfolio of projects.
• Responsible for the project portfolio encompassing the entire business unit, including new product development and sustaining projects.
• Ensuring commercialization process is followed, understanding new products and how to take them through the internal life-cycle
• Lead multiple cross-functional project teams simultaneously
• Develop task-level project plans and empower the team to succeed by demonstrating clear ownership and accountability of tasks
• Assures that projects are organized and executed in accordance with the SDLC and NPDI processes
• Assure that projects are managed utilizing the Project Management Competencies of Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Risk, Resource planning, Communications, and procurement in order to successfully complete project deliverables as planned.
• Monitor progress of all programs and projects in the portfolio and leverages that visibility to drive effective change management and resource management that will support timely resolution of cross-functional issues.
• Maintain communication with leadership team, ensuring awareness of potential roadblocks, risks or challenges and proposing solutions
• Identify resource constraints between projects and works with business leadership to propose and implement project changes based on business priorities and critical path
• Identify best practices within the company and outside of the company to serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing across the business unit
• Responsible for Stage Gate review content and timing as per the project management process and post-launch project reviews to ensure lessons learned are integrated into current and future projects
• Maintain and communicate project performance metrics, setting and maintaining high expectations.
• Implement a portfolio-wide planning mechanism to drive improved resource utilization
• Works closely with R&D and Business Unit teams on developing and improving processes
• Advance project management culture and maturity throughout the organization
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• B.S. or M.S. in a scientific or technical discipline required
• 15+ years’ experience managing large, complex software projects required
• Experience leading, influencing and managing large global cross-functional teams required
• Experience of software development methodologies such as agile and waterfall required
• PMP Certification preferred
• Experience of defining and reporting on Key Business Indicators preferred
• Experience of working in regulated industries such as Pharma preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have experience working within a formal Project Management Organization (PMO)
• Must have working knowledge of core project management skills such as facilitation, planning, financial analysis, change management, stakeholder alignment, risk management, communication planning and results delivery
• Must have proven experience managing complex strategic initiatives with a global workforce
• Must have experience in developing and delivering presentations to senior management outlining program benefits, status, issues and recommendations
• Ability to lead overarching transformation on a cross-functional scale
The Mom ProjectThe Mom Project is the career destination for moms. Through our digital marketplace and community, we connect professionally accomplished women with world-class companies. The Mom Project is changing the way women work and redefining career structures by providing women with opportunities that are in balance with their personal goals.